Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, I got AABB for my A-Level mock, without revision (not to brag) well it was the night before when I revised for each of them.

Even though I got two grades up in each subject from last years mock. I feel more nervous than ever for these A2 exams. I am scared I will make a mess of them last year in my AS' I got AAAB which all count for half.

I don't know what to do why I'm so anxious and panicky. Even though in my eyes I've been doing really well.

ReputationRep:
    AS exams usually count for 40% rather than 50% OP

Stress/Anxiety is normal. Every student feels that way to a certain extent. Keep practicing and you'll be fine. I suggest you do sport regularly, helps a lot of people with dealing with stress.

(Original post by NotKidding)
    AS exams usually count for 40% rather than 50% OP

Stress/Anxiety is normal. Every student feels that way to a certain extent. Keep practicing and you'll be fine. I suggest you do sport regularly, helps a lot of people with dealing with stress.
    No. In my case it's 50:50. Thought they always were hmm.

Thank you I will have to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron2515)
    Hi, I got AABB for my A-Level mock, without revision (not to brag) well it was the night before when I revised for each of them.

Even though I got two grades up in each subject from last years mock. I feel more nervous than ever for these A2 exams. I am scared I will make a mess of them last year in my AS' I got AAAB which all count for half.

I don't know what to do why I'm so anxious and panicky. Even though in my eyes I've been doing really well.
    Heya,

I know it's hard and there's tons of pressure to do well (especially in year 13 with uni offers etc) but you just need to believe that you can do it! If you can get those grades with minimal effort you will be absolutely fine. Your mindset is just as important as what you know so try and visualise doing well in your A2 exams and try not to dwell on the 'what if' I don't do well thoughts - try as best you can to stay postive

I'm only in year 12 so I haven't got to year 13 yet but if you ever need anyone to talk to, you could always pm me- sometimes talking about things make you less anxious

Hope this kinda makes you feel better

(Original post by Tea2345)
    Heya,

I know it's hard and there's tons of pressure to do well (especially in year 13 with uni offers etc) but you just need to believe that you can do it! If you can get those grades with minimal effort you will be absolutely fine. Your mindset is just as important as what you know so try and visualise doing well in your A2 exams and try not to dwell on the 'what if' I don't do well thoughts - try as best you can to stay postive

I'm only in year 12 so I haven't got to year 13 yet but if you ever need anyone to talk to, you could always pm me- sometimes talking about things make you less anxious

Hope this kinda makes you feel better
    Thank you so much yeah I've always had a lack of confidence and believing in myself. Will have to start trying.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much yeah I've always had a lack of confidence and believing in myself. Will have to start trying.
    I struggle with it too, but you've just got to think that you can and you will be able to do it

ReputationRep:
    Just think of the positives. You did well without much revision so if you take your time and make sure you revise properly, there's no way you can do worse. You will most likely do even better.

Everyone gets anxious about exams. Just remember that it's not the end of the world if you mess up. There's always clearing for universities and if not, you can always take a gap year and retake your exams. And during that year gain a lot of valuable experience working too which makes it a lot easier to get placements and graduate jobs.

(Original post by Devify)
    Just think of the positives. You did well without much revision so if you take your time and make sure you revise properly, there's no way you can do worse. You will most likely do even better.

Everyone gets anxious about exams. Just remember that it's not the end of the world if you mess up. There's always clearing for universities and if not, you can always take a gap year and retake your exams. And during that year gain a lot of valuable experience working too which makes it a lot easier to get placements and graduate jobs.
    Thank you very much. I suppose I should relax more

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I suppose I should relax more
    arent you on the new A-level system?, your AS has no weighting?

(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    arent you on the new A-level system?, your AS has no weighting?
    Oh no. My subjects are old and are worth 50:50

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.