Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nice guys finish.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that I don't like the term "nice guy"?

Nice guys don't finish. Period.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How would you define a "nice guy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I don't know, I think that's part of the issue.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nice guy as in he sucks up to and pleases people or he is genuinely nice, kind to people and have values so that he does not allow others to walk all over him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    A perfect guy, a supreme gentleman.

Rhaenys10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Nice guy as in he sucks up to and pleases people or he is genuinely nice, kind to people and have values so that he does not allow others to step on him?
    The former.

I don't think the latter is a nice guy. It's just a guy.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Bewiggedroom43)
    Why is it that I don't like the term "nice guy"?
    I dont know. You tell us? Are you claiming to be a nice guy?

ReputationRep:
    Except more women fantasise about Justin Trudeau and JFK than they do Trump. This doesn't mean I am anti-Trump, but I've literally never seen this trend of being an ******* meaning you get girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Except more women fantasise about Justin Trudeau and JFK than they do Trump.
    ... h.. what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    ... h.. what?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Lots of women really like this handsome accomplished guy who stands up for the underdog and generally comes across as empathetic, in all the years I have been alive, I have never ever seen someone who was openly obnoxious and cruel being loved by women.

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it when a girl says to a guy "you're a nice guy but..." the guy is screwed. Majority of guys I meet are nice. They just have other qualities that outdo that, they have a good sense of humour, intelligent, adventurous, charitable etc. If the only redeemable quality a guy has is the fact that he can be nice in a social setting, then he's most likely bland/boring and not very fun to be around. My two pennies.

ReputationRep:
    Except more women fantasise about Justin Trudeau and JFK than they do Trump. This doesn't mean I am anti-Trump, but I've literally never seen this trend of being an ******* meaning you get girls.
    Not entirely sure what this has to do with being a "nice guy".

I don't think I'd consider myself one, I'm not entirely pleasant. I wouldn't say that really matters though. A "friend" of mine has stated that I am the "nice" one, out of a few of us. I don't see it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Lots of women really like this handsome accomplished guy who stands up for the underdog and generally comes across as empathetic, in all the years I have been alive, I have never ever seen someone who was openly obnoxious and cruel being loved by women.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Spoiler:
    Show

They're attention seeking sluts looking for a fantasy and I bet none of them are attractive. It's like saying the men on Jeremy Kyle are successful playboys because they have lots of sex...with fat, meth addicted whores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Let's face it when a girl says to a guy "you're a nice guy but..." the guy is screwed. Majority of guys I meet are nice. They just have other qualities taht outdo that, they have a good sense of humour, intelligent, adventurous, charitable etc. If the only redeemable quality a guy has is the fact that he can be nice in a social setting, then he's most likely bland/boring and not very fun to be around. My two pennies.
    This pretty much sums it up. If you are defined as the funny guy, or the intelligent guy then those are your most desirable or favourite qualities. If you're described as a nice guy then the best thing they can think of is that you are nice. Obviously everyone should be nice, but if nice is the first word that comes to mind most people will consider that too bland. This is also not gender neutral, it works for girls and guys. She's nice? Great, what else? Most people are nice, it shouldn't be a defining feature.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

First of all, the problem with Trump isn't that he's not empathetic. Actually, he has so many problems I don't know where to begin. But suffice to say, even if he was empathetic, he'd still look like a pitbull who hangs around with bags of wotsits in his spare time.

Secondly, the term "nice guy" is employed by opportunistic losers to make up for their lack of other qualities that make human beings attractive like ambition, character, charm, wit, etc. So whilst I have no doubt that women love Trudeau, I very much doubt that he is a "nice guy".
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyTwistedWorld)
    A perfect guy, a supreme gentleman.

Rhaenys10
    Your avatar. :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    They're attention seeking sluts looking for a fantasy and I bet none of them are attractive. It's like saying the men on Jeremy Kyle are successful playboys because they have lots of sex...with fat, meth addicted whores.
    It's well documented. All of the 100s of women can't be 'sluts'.

Spoiler:
    Show

2 l8 m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    It's well documented. All of the 100s of women can't be 'sluts'.

Spoiler:
    Show

There is something to be said for this, but I'd say the relationship dynamic is totally different to what people would except. The guy isn't constantly being mean or womanising, he has a history of outrageously negative acts, but shows warmth and sensitivity to his woman. It's the same reason women ride horses, they like the idea of a large and power beast being controlled by the thing between their legs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.