The Student Room Group

Nice guys finish....

Why is it that I don't like the term "nice guy"?

Scroll to see replies

Nice guys don't finish. Period.
Reply 2
I don't know, I think that's part of the issue.
Nice guy as in he sucks up to and pleases people or he is genuinely nice, kind to people and have values so that he does not allow others to walk all over him?
A perfect guy, a supreme gentleman.

@Rhaenys10
Original post by Bewiggedroom43
Why is it that I don't like the term "nice guy"?

I dont know. You tell us? Are you claiming to be a nice guy?
Except more women fantasise about Justin Trudeau and JFK than they do Trump. This doesn't mean I am anti-Trump, but I've literally never seen this trend of being an ******* meaning you get girls.
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

Lots of women really like this handsome accomplished guy who stands up for the underdog and generally comes across as empathetic, in all the years I have been alive, I have never ever seen someone who was openly obnoxious and cruel being loved by women.
Let's face it when a girl says to a guy "you're a nice guy but..." the guy is screwed. Majority of guys I meet are nice. They just have other qualities that outdo that, they have a good sense of humour, intelligent, adventurous, charitable etc. If the only redeemable quality a guy has is the fact that he can be nice in a social setting, then he's most likely bland/boring and not very fun to be around. My two pennies.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by l'etranger
Except more women fantasise about Justin Trudeau and JFK than they do Trump. This doesn't mean I am anti-Trump, but I've literally never seen this trend of being an ******* meaning you get girls.

Not entirely sure what this has to do with being a "nice guy".

I don't think I'd consider myself one, I'm not entirely pleasant. I wouldn't say that really matters though. A "friend" of mine has stated that I am the "nice" one, out of a few of us. I don't see it.

Spoiler

Lots of women really like this handsome accomplished guy who stands up for the underdog and generally comes across as empathetic, in all the years I have been alive, I have never ever seen someone who was openly obnoxious and cruel being loved by women.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pikachū

Spoiler

They're attention seeking sluts looking for a fantasy and I bet none of them are attractive. It's like saying the men on Jeremy Kyle are successful playboys because they have lots of sex...with fat, meth addicted whores.
Original post by MyTwistedWorld
A perfect guy, a supreme gentleman.

@Rhaenys10

Your avatar. :lol:
They're attention seeking sluts looking for a fantasy and I bet none of them are attractive. It's like saying the men on Jeremy Kyle are successful playboys because they have lots of sex...with fat, meth addicted whores.

It's well documented. All of the 100s of women can't be 'sluts'.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pikachū
It's well documented. All of the 100s of women can't be 'sluts'.

Spoiler

There is something to be said for this, but I'd say the relationship dynamic is totally different to what people would except. The guy isn't constantly being mean or womanising, he has a history of outrageously negative acts, but shows warmth and sensitivity to his woman. It's the same reason women ride horses, they like the idea of a large and power beast being controlled by the thing between their legs.
Reply 15
...into a tissue
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Your avatar. :lol:

http://i68.tinypic.com/adhgz5.jpg
There is something to be said for this, but I'd say the relationship dynamic is totally different to what people would except. The guy isn't constantly being mean or womanising, he has a history of outrageously negative acts, but shows warmth and sensitivity to his woman. It's the same reason women ride horses, they like the idea of a large and power beast being controlled by the thing between their legs.

sheeeiiii never thought of it that way. I thought they just liked the vibration :rofl:

I'll add the thinking bubble.

'I'm going to turn this friendzone into a warzone'.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I'll add the thinking bubble.

'I'm going to turn this friendzone into a warzone'.

PRSOM :rofl: Classic

Quick Reply

Latest