Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Parliament be moved to Sheffield. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Parliament should move to Sheffield because Sheffield is in the centre of the Universe.
    Sheffield is not only the best city in the universe but the best piece of land anyone could ever stand on. God is from Sheffield... and the Arctic Monkeys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Sheffield is not only the best city in the universe but the best piece of land anyone could ever stand on. God is from Sheffield... and the Arctic Monkeys
    *London is
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I thought this was another Tingtox thread.

Nirvana1989-1994
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Ngl I thought this was another Tingtox thread.

Nirvana1989-1994
    Me too. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    Oh god no. Sheffield is a **** hole don't bother m8.
    Depends on where you live. Sheffield is a big place.

ReputationRep:
    Parliament should move to Sheffield because Sheffield is in the centre of the Universe.
    Could go with Sheffield. :yep:

York would be nicer though, or Chester, or Leamington, or Newbury, or Tewkesbury, or Worcester, or Skipton, or Lancaster... in fact, just about anywhere....
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Me too. :rofl:
    Clear!

Btw I support this Sheffield venture

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Clear!

Btw I support this Sheffield venture

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Done.

Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Could go with Sheffield. :yep:

York would be nicer though, or Chester, or Leamington, or Newbury, or Tewkesbury, or Worcester, or Skipton, or Lancaster... in fact, just about anywhere....
    York would be good

ReputationRep:
    York would be good
    It's been seriously discussed in the past, particularly when it became known that Parliament was going to have to relocate for some years whilst very expensive repairs are carried out to the ludicrous gothic pseudo-castle that is the current seat of parliament in Britain, complete with its chronically inadequate facilities for MPs, a chamber that is much too small for even a fair number of them to sit in and horribly antiquated and opaque rules and rituals.

High time for a new parliament located outside London with a new, purpose-built structure and modernised rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's been seriously discussed in the past, particularly when it became known that Parliament was going to have to relocate for some years whilst very expensive repairs are carried out to the ludicrous gothic pseudo-castle that is the current seat of parliament in Britain, complete with its chronically inadequate facilities for MPs, a chamber that is much too small for even a fair number of them to sit in and horribly antiquated and opaque rules and rituals.

High time for a new parliament located outside London with a new, purpose-built structure and modernised rules.
    I 100% agree

ReputationRep:
    York would be good
    Don't you dare sully my hometown with that traveling circus.

However...

There are plenty of old RAF airfields with unused hangars - thanks to the various defence cuts all parties have been responsible for - that are big enough for a debating chamber or three.

While there the MPs can live in the houses that they deem suitable for our armed forces.
    They can eat in the messes that they deem suitable for the armed forces.

They'll be secure - all airfields are relatively remote by design - and have plenty of fresh air.

It's a win/win for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Don't you dare sully my hometown with that traveling circus.

However...

There are plenty of old RAF airfields with unused hangars - thanks to the various defence cuts all parties have been responsible for - that are big enough for a debating chamber or three.

While there the MPs can live in the houses that they deem suitable for our armed forces.
    They can eat in the messes that they deem suitable for the armed forces.

They'll be secure - all airfields are relatively remote by design - and have plenty of fresh air.

It's a win/win for everyone.
    York would be a good third choice. After Sheffield and Manchester.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.