Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1104 – Coming Armed to Parliament Act 1313 Repeal Bill 2017 Watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    B1104 – Coming Armed to Parliament Act 1313 Repeal Bill 2017, ByronicHero (seconded by Quamquam123 MP)

An Act to abolish The Coming Armed to Parliament Act 1313.

If a gentleman wants to wear armour in the Houses of Parliament he should be at liberty to do so. Furthermore, this Act is very vague. Can a person wear under-armour to help them achieve a more streamlined figure, or better athletic performance? Can workmen wear protective clothing? If the world needs to be saved by Tony Stark, and the culprit is in the Houses of Parliament, we are screwed. Surely we cannot allow this to persist.

This isn't a joke bill. This law is just more evidence of a history of draconian lawmaking by successive governments, and is an affront to society.

It also discriminates against Knights and Space Marine Terminators, neither of which are protected by the Equality Act 2010.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

1 Repeal

(1) The Coming Armed to Parliament Act 1313 is hereby repealed.

2. Commencement, short title and extent

(1) This may be cited as the Coming Armed to Parliament Repeal Act 2017
    (2) This act shall extend to England; and
    (3) Shall come into force immediately following Royal Assent; and
    (4) Shall be provided to the Welsh Assembly Government for their consideration; and
    (5) Subject to changes made by the National Assembly for Wales; and
    (6) Subject to an affirmative vote shall come into force immediately following Royal Assent.

Notes

ReputationRep:
    What if man wants to carry a skeng?

edit: now that I'm an MP, Nay
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    What if man wants to carry a skeng?
    Stormzy only.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom to wear what you want should be a cornerstone of our society; it is intrinsically linked to freedom of expression.

Aye

ReputationRep:
    Aye, on days when parliamentary discourse immediately precedes jousting practice, I would like to not have to change clothes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Focusing on the important issues I see...
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Freedom to wear what you want should be a cornerstone of our society; it is intrinsically linked to freedom of expression.

Aye
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Aye, on days when parliamentary discourse immediately precedes jousting practice, I would like to not have to change clothes.
    Men of honour.

(Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Focusing on the important issues I see...
    I'm glad I can rely on your support.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye!

I wholeheartedly support this.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    This isn't a joke bill.
    [/field]
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    It also discriminates against Space Marine Terminators[/field]
    Spare me...

Why are the notes at the top? Why are there pictures in the notes? It's like asking a 12 year old what he would do if he could only pass one law

These joke bills are becoming tedious.

ReputationRep:
    Aye from me

People should be allowed to wear what they want. Knights and cyborgs shouldn't be discriminated because they choose too wear armour
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Spare me...

Why are the notes at the top? Why are there pictures in the notes? It's like asking a 12 year old what he would do if he could only pass one law

These joke bills are becoming tedious.
    Because I felt like it.

I don't need any other reason.

If you don't like it, try to do something about it
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Aye from me

People should be allowed to wear what they want. Knights and cyborgs shouldn't be discriminated because they choose too wear armour
    Precisely!

Thanks for understanding the necessity of this.

ReputationRep:
    Please could you provide research indicating the Act in question maintains its force in 2017?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Please could you provide research indicating the Act in question maintains its force in 2017?
    It rather depends on what you will count as research. There is a Wikipedia page which references the Crown Prosecution Service saying that the law is still in force today.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even deal w/ some of the stupid bills that have actually been passed irl.

Yes yes yes yes yes I support this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It rather depends on what you will count as research. There is a Wikipedia page which references the Crown Prosecution Service saying that the law is still in force today.
    Link the original CPS page and I'm good.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Link the original CPS page and I'm good.
    Predictably, the cited source was a BBC article :facepalm2:

I did find the Law Society confirming it though if that helps: https://twitter.com/lslawlibrary/sta...62374386024448

ReputationRep:
    ok, aye then

edit: wtf nay, thought more about it - why do we want MPs to bring weapons to Parliament?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    ok, aye then
    :borat:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.