Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1104 – Coming Armed to Parliament Act 1313 Repeal Bill 2017 Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I would suggest you re-read the documentation about the levels of reality which the legislation enacted by this house has jurisdiction over before returning to this argument.
    How are you defining reality? What is a fact? Truth? Dewey might have something to say about this
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    How are you defining reality? What is a fact? Truth? Dewey might have something to say about this
    Legislation passed here always takes precedence over legislation passed in real life.
    Real life is defined as:
    "life as it is lived in reality, involving unwelcome as well as welcome experiences, as distinct from a fictional or idealized world."

In other words, legislation passed in this house has jurisdiction in this realm of reality (TSR) only - TSR is not real life as this is not a real house - and has priority over legislation from other realms (such as the real world) despite legislation from this house not having jurisdiction over the real world.

Any other realms of non-reality must be recognised by the house first before the legislation approved by this house has any jurisdiction over that realm. For this to be the case, prove would be needed that the particular realm of reality in question would abide by the laws of this house.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Legislation passed here always takes precedence over legislation passed in real life.
    Real life is defined as:
    "life as it is lived in reality, involving unwelcome as well as welcome experiences, as distinct from a fictional or idealized world."

In other words, legislation passed in this house has jurisdiction in this realm of reality (TSR) only - TSR is not real life as this is not a real house - and has priority over legislation from other realms (such as the real world) despite legislation from this house not having jurisdiction over the real world.

Any other realms of non-reality must be recognised by the house first before the legislation approved by this house has any jurisdiction over that realm. For this to be the case, prove would be needed that the particular realm of reality in question would abide by the laws of this house.
    I'm just fecking with you love, but I appreciate you taking the time to try and answer seriously so have some rep!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm just fecking with you love, but I appreciate you taking the time to try and answer seriously so have some rep!
    You're welcome. Apology accepted for lying to me as well. Stubbornness won in the end.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. Apology accepted for lying to me as well. Stubbornness won in the end.
    I didn't lie to you. You spoke to several of my personalities is all.

Please be more respectful of other people's mental health.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I didn't lie to you. You spoke to several of my personalities is all.

Please be more respectful of other people's mental health.
    "I'm not the kind of person to make jokes in the House!" - This has been proven wrong by "I'm just fecking with you". Therefore your first statement (or your second) was a lie.

Don't even start me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm concerned about the impact that a repeal of this law might have on the squabbles-to-manslaughter ratio of the Commons Bar. Commie layabouts obviously won't be able to afford armour on their dole money, and if civil discussion devolves into fistfights we're going to lose many of our colleagues from the wrong side of the House.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not the kind of person to make jokes in the House!" - This has been proven wrong by "I'm just fecking with you". Therefore your first statement (or your second) was a lie.

Don't even start me.
    The statements were made by different personalities. The first was Humphrey, an Etonian with a predilection for peach flavoured boiled sweets who wears a monocle and whips Gaitskellites for sport . The second was Jimbob, a fast talking scallywag who wears a bulbasaur onsie and drinks Baileys from a shoe.

I'd thank you to please be more understanding or I shall have to report you to The Demon Headmaster.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The statements were made by different personalities. The first was Humphrey, an Etonian with a predilection for peach flavoured boiled sweets who wears a monocle and whips Gaitskellites for sport . The second was Jimbob, a fast talking scallywag who wears a bulbasaur onsie and drinks Baileys from a shoe.

I'd thank you to please be more understanding or I shall have to report you to The Demon Headmaster.
    Then may I suggest you make different TSR accounts for your different personalities or place your diagnosis in a signature. Otherwise I will report you.

ReputationRep:
    Real life is defined as:

Stop being a mood killer and go with the flow lol
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Then may I suggest you make different TSR accounts for your different personalities or place your diagnosis in a signature. Otherwise I will report you.
    Yes you may suggest that. We all decline. Feel free to report us. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I don't like joke bills. Accept my freedom to express my displeasure.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yes you may suggest that. We all decline. Feel free to report us. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    I am not resisting. I am dealing with you clinically.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    It's okay, it's more amusing for me this way :lol:

I am not resisting. I am dealing with you clinically.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see why knights can't come to Parliament in armour, complete with their greaves, vambraces and goussets. :fight:

After all, many knights have served in the House before.

The law is so knightist at the moment.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, it's more amusing for me this way :lol:

I'm so glad you're finding this entertaining. I have actually reported you by the way.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad you're finding this entertaining. I have actually reported you by the way.
    I'll add it to the 500 other reports and care about it as much as you might expect
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Wow this is cringe
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    S-s-s-snufkin?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.