The Student Room Group

GCSE, When to revise?!?!?!?

Hi, im in year 11 right now and I am 4 months away from my GCSE'S. All I want to get for gcses is atleast 6 A*-B's for my 6th form.
I recently got my mock results which were as followed:

Maths-6
English lit-5
English lang-5
Physics-B
Chem-B
Bio-B
Geography-A
Computing-E "It used to be a B :frown:"
Spanish-C

Taking this into consideration, I only revised a few days before each exam as I wasn't serious about it, now I am. So when should I revise and how much?
The subjects I'm doing are stated above.

Thanks alot for helping me :smile:
Reply 1
Now. Right now. Use GetRevising, it's fab. I've started revising now with it.
I think for you, the good thing is the fact that you are blessed to have no coursework. I took 3 coursework subjects so I'm struggling to fit it all in. You can make time for studying and still have some free time.
As someone who took 11 GCSEs last year I guess my best advice is: "PACE YOURSELF!" If you overrevise you can get stressed and burn out. I personally revised a little bit over half term for my mocks and after that, during Easter holidays, I worked every single day for about 4 hours a day. This allows you to still enjoy your holiday during the main part of the day and to do sufficient revision. I think it's too early to be revising now, however it's good to be compiling notes and looking over difficult stuff now. They key is past papers this term.if your school aren't already doing so, get some past papers done. We did about 20 for each science and maths and it's helps immensely. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest