The Student Room Group

Confused about postgraduate funding/is it worth it?

Thinking about doing a Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Nursing following my English Degree. As I would be beginning this 2 year PGDip in 2019 it would NOT be payed for by the NHS. I was just wondering what kind of loans are available? The course is £9000 and I have seen online that I get get a loan of up to £10,000, however, is this just a tuition fee loan and will I also be eligible for a maintenance loan and grant like undergraduate study? Wondering how I will pay rent otherwise!
Original post by georgia?
Thinking about doing a Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Nursing following my English Degree. As I would be beginning this 2 year PGDip in 2019 it would NOT be payed for by the NHS. I was just wondering what kind of loans are available? The course is £9000 and I have seen online that I get get a loan of up to £10,000, however, is this just a tuition fee loan and will I also be eligible for a maintenance loan and grant like undergraduate study? Wondering how I will pay rent otherwise!

The £10,000 PGL loan is only payable to people on Masters level courses - the PGDip isn't eligible.

I'll move this to the SFE forum to see if any of their official advisers can explain about what is available not that the bursaries have been removed.
Hi, The eligibility of £10,000 is for postgraduate master's courses. PQ is correct due to the type of course that you may be commencing, as this is not a masters level you would not be eligible to receive a Postgraduate Loan. With regards to the funding that you may be eligible to receive, Although you are not due to commence studies until 2019, base on what you have advised we can advise that students who wish to study a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery must hold an honours degree as part of the entry requirements, therefore we cannot fund these courses even if they attract the NHS Bursary. Hope this helps. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending