Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Election of a Speaker: 2nd Round of Voting Watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected Speaker of the Model House of Commons?
    adam9317
    55.56%
    PetrosAC
    44.44%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Speakership Election

PetrosAC and adam9317 were the top two candidates from the first round, so will contest the second round. I have re-posted their manifestos below.

adam9317

PetrosAC

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone support in the 1st round; hopefully we can build upon that and have a successful outcome in the 2nd.

Congrats to PetrosAC for doing so well, and commiserations to everyone else, it was a closely fought battle!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Thanks to everyone support in the 1st round; hopefully we can build upon that and have a successful outcome in the 2nd.

Congrats to PetrosAC for doing so well, and commiserations to everyone else, it was a closely fought battle!
    It's a shame really that PetrosAC doesn't care enough about the voters that he'd write a message of thanks to MPs here!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for Petros: an experienced and safe pair of hands who will not be afraid to encourage new ideas.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    2 very strong candidates here, both of whom would make excellent Speakers.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Easy decision, one candidate is stale, boring, describes himself as vanilla, more of the same, and nothing special. The other candidate is competent, represents change, and is different to the rest: MPs can decide which description applies to each candidate.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't want the mhoc to become Reddit which is what Petros is proposing, especially with more off-site com's but at the same time Adam is boring and I don't trust that he could manage the conflict of interest so I won't be voting.

ReputationRep:
    Petros wants to turn this into ****ing reddit? :zomg:

adam9317 Did you use Bercow on the background because he's the current Speaker and/or looks funny or do you genuinely like him?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Good luck chaps.

ReputationRep:
    I've voted for Petros, but this was my first and second choice on the initial vote so I don't really care that much who wins.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)

adam9317 Did you use Bercow on the background because he's the current Speaker and/or looks funny or do you genuinely like him?
    Just because he is the current speaker. He does come out with funny remarks sometimes, but I don't know of him too well otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Not the outcome I was expecting, so I have taken a chance and voted.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)

Can anyone genuinely like him? The only thing he's good for is to laugh at

ReputationRep:
    Not the outcome I thought would happen, good luck to both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Certain minorities, I presume. :rolleyes: In any case, he's a disgusting populist but occasionally looks funny when he's trying to assert his local authority, which makes the ordeal at least bearable at times.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what time PetrosAC will submit MHoC updates , as he hasnt stated a time.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to both Petros and Adam who are worthy candidates for Speakership and I'll be happy if either won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    Good luck to both Petros and Adam who are worthy candidates for Speakership and I'll be happy if either won.

#cBay4Speaker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Having gotten to talk to him he is genuinely nice, and has s cracking memory, managed to recite one of Tony Benn's remarks off the top of his head, may be the one in my signature as I forget which one I'm using currently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.