The Student Room Group

I think the way some students dress is completely unacceptable

So if you've seen my other threads, you will see that I'm in my first year of teaching. So apart from being mistaken for a student a few times, even getting shouted at by another teacher because she thought I was bunking and students asking me for social media etc, it has been a pretty successful year so far.

Us teachers have big targets to reach and so far I am so grateful that my student's attainments have improved. There is a lot of banter in my classroom, its very friendly and casual but they know the work must be done. That is classwork, homework, tests etc

I noticed a couple of senior teachers really have a problem with me being "popular" with the students. If I eat in the dining room, my table gets surrounded by 10-20 students, which is nice I suppose but sometimes I just want to eat and the staff room tables are proper sh***y so I have to eat in the dining hall. But I don't want be popular because I'm a lad or because I'm a safe teacher, but because students learn the most in my lessons, that is what I want to be known for and so far I've had excellent feedback I'm pleased to say.

And I've never given a detention. I was told to give detentions to students who swear, but then I'd be giving 100 detentions a week. They swear in front of me (never at me) saying other teachers are pr***ks. I just tell them the teachers are doing their job and calm it with the language.

Anyway the point of this thread. Uniform is a big problem.in my opinion.

I see year 8-11s coming in proper dolled up, full makeup on. Wearing really really tight clothing, like skin tight. The ones that wear skirts wear it really high up. The rule book says knee length.

I know society says we should be allowed to choose what we wear, but I think its really inappropriate and its mainly the female students. The lads, couple of them have their shirts not tucked in so I just say 'oi sort that shirt out boi' and thats about it.

I don't make a big issue out of it at school because I don't think thats my job. Im maths teacher, its the head and assistant heads who decide the uniform and they should be doing something about it.

I think it goes back to the sexualising of women, I know its a bit deep. Having gone to university, I studied with some of the most intelligent females, and many of my lecturers were also female and I see them as mathematicians. So this is why I don't like it, women shouldn't be thought of as just some '
Chill out babe and stop looking a thing underage girls' tight clothing
Reply 2
Original post by Hamo2509
Chill out babe and stop looking a thing underage girls' tight clothing

I don't think you understood my thread.

We have to look at uniform its a part of our job, if a student is wearing trainers I have to ask them to change or provide a note from home.
Reply 3
I am a student in my school.

In my school its the form tutors and certain teachers enforce the rules on uniform and they are pretty damn strict

I guess you should talk to the relevant people about uniform and tell them that form tutors should check student's uniform (if they haven't already been doing so)?
No point in stressing, just try to enjoy your job, neither you nor the head will ever be able to stop it. They dont care :redface: No school has students with knee length skirts. (Well, most.)
Even if you gave out detentions for uniform, it won't stop anyone.
The hypersexualisation of children is a product of Western liberal degeneracy where the principle of healthy body and mind is replaced with commodity fetishism.
Original post by TheРeoplesРath
The hypersexualisation of children is a product of Western liberal degeneracy where the principle of healthy body and mind is replaced with commodity fetishism.

Of course the guy with a faces profile pic would say that. People have dressed like that forever, it was just faux pas back then.
Original post by The_Hunted
So if you've seen my other threads, you will see that I'm in my first year of teaching. So apart from being mistaken for a student a few times, even getting shouted at by another teacher because she thought I was bunking and students asking me for social media etc, it has been a pretty successful year so far.

Us teachers have big targets to reach and so far I am so grateful that my student's attainments have improved. There is a lot of banter in my classroom, its very friendly and casual but they know the work must be done. That is classwork, homework, tests etc

I noticed a couple of senior teachers really have a problem with me being "popular" with the students. If I eat in the dining room, my table gets surrounded by 10-20 students, which is nice I suppose but sometimes I just want to eat and the staff room tables are proper sh***y so I have to eat in the dining hall. But I don't want be popular because I'm a lad or because I'm a safe teacher, but because students learn the most in my lessons, that is what I want to be known for and so far I've had excellent feedback I'm pleased to say.

And I've never given a detention. I was told to give detentions to students who swear, but then I'd be giving 100 detentions a week. They swear in front of me (never at me) saying other teachers are pr***ks. I just tell them the teachers are doing their job and calm it with the language.

Anyway the point of this thread. Uniform is a big problem.in my opinion.

I see year 8-11s coming in proper dolled up, full makeup on. Wearing really really tight clothing, like skin tight. The ones that wear skirts wear it really high up. The rule book says knee length.

I know society says we should be allowed to choose what we wear, but I think its really inappropriate and its mainly the female students. The lads, couple of them have their shirts not tucked in so I just say 'oi sort that shirt out boi' and thats about it.

I don't make a big issue out of it at school because I don't think thats my job. Im maths teacher, its the head and assistant heads who decide the uniform and they should be doing something about it.

I think it goes back to the sexualising of women, I know its a bit deep. Having gone to university, I studied with some of the most intelligent females, and many of my lecturers were also female and I see them as mathematicians. So this is why I don't like it, women shouldn't be thought of as just some '

M8 no1 cares, just get on with your job
No-one cares....

'

They're hoes

as J Cole said "Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved"
We have to look at uniform its a part of our job, if a student is wearing trainers I have to ask them to change or provide a note from home.

Why can't a student wear trousers?

Quick Reply

Latest