The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username3466186
Harry Potter is one of my favourite book series ever. I love how detailed the world is and how Rowling created characters with a range of personalities, not to mention Hermione's character crushing the patriarchy. I'm a proud Ravenclaw and had no regrets buying the merch at the HP Studio Tour last week (would definitely recommend it, they have the forbidden forest in there now and the original costumes in for the summer!!)

you went? :smile: cool :five:
When I went last month, and were in the forbidden forest there were a load of younger teenage girls on a school trip and when the creature came down they screamed their heads off... :rofl: (Everyone else was laughing at them)
What did you think of the prices? :biggrin: (my dad was in shock tbh)
Having to explain how the blood lines work to muggles :angry: :facepalm:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hey fellow Potterheads! So I'm sad to say I am a little late at joining the club as I've finally just started to read the books at age 24 :colondollar: I've seen all the movies when they first came out but I don't know why I never got around to reading the books when I was younger as I had read other popular series such as LOTR, Stephen King's work etc but anyhoo, better late than never! :yep:

I'm currently half way through Prisoner of Azkaban and so far, I'd say that is my favourite book though I am really looking forward to reading Half Blood Prince. I don't find it boring reading the books after the films, I'm enjoying it very much :smile:

So what are your favourite moments from the HP series? Who is your favourite characters? What scenes from the books do you wish made it into the films?

Feel free to add your Pottermore stats too if you fancy :yep:

My stats are -
House - Hufflepuff (I was very happy with the house I was allocated to :yep: )
Patronus - Tortoiseshell cat (a cat, surprise surprise for me :teehee: )
Ilvermoney - Horned Serpent
Wand - Ash wood with a Dragon heartstring core 9 and 3/4 inch and quite bendy flexibility

I think if I ever came across a Boggart, it would appear as a wasp and it would be bloody hard to try and make that look amusing! My favourite character so far is either Hagrid or Dumbledore.

My favourite character has to be Snape, without a doubt. He literally gave his life for Harry when he hated his guts for being 'Potter's son.'

My favourite part in the saga is where Harry pours Snape's memories into the Pensieve and finds the truth.
Reply 184
I changed my name on Pottermore today to my new married name. Only now am I officially married :tongue: :laugh:

Also at the vets yesterday, I was told my cat Nibbler is a tortoiseshell cat and not a calico. My patronus is a tortoiseshell cat! :love:

I keep meaning to get back to reading HP. I got halfway through Goblet of Fire and stopped. I will definitely get back into it though. Just had a lot on lately though and lost notion for a lot of things but I'm getting back on track, slowly but surely :yep:
Reply 185
Also noticed that my local Primark (Preeeeeeee-mark as we call it in Ayrshire :laugh: ) have a fully dedicated area now for HP themed stuff instead of just HP placed here and there around the shop. HP is taking over :biggrin: :love: snap.jpg
Original post by Rum Ham
I really want to go to the Harry Potter studio tour in London :frown:

If only I were rich and didn't hate crowds :daydreaming:

I went on that studio tour on a coach trip with my mum in 2013.

Try reading the Harry Potter fanfiction articles, I've just read an awesome one where Harry's parents came back to life at the beginning of his fifth year, and Lily becomes a teacher.
Original post by Rum Ham
Also noticed that my local Primark (Preeeeeeee-mark as we call it in Ayrshire :laugh: ) have a fully dedicated area now for HP themed stuff instead of just HP placed here and there around the shop. HP is taking over :biggrin: :love: snap.jpg

Whatatahtttttt?! Our Primark only has the odd HP bit of clothing - mostly pyjamas :smile:
Lucky :biggrin:
Reply 188
Original post by laurawatt
Whatatahtttttt?! Our Primark only has the odd HP bit of clothing - mostly pyjamas :smile:
Lucky :biggrin:

Aww that sucks :frown: my local Primark has HP themed clothes, bags, bed sheets, mugs, keyrings etc
Original post by Rum Ham
Aww that sucks :frown: my local Primark has HP themed clothes, bags, bed sheets, mugs, keyrings etc

Yet to go into the Dundee one, for fear I would spend a lot of money. :lol: Will check it out on Monday and then the Derry one on Wednesday.

BUT I went to Diagon House in Edinburgh today. Omg. :love:
Original post by I got the power
I went on that studio tour on a coach trip with my mum in 2013.

Try reading the Harry Potter fanfiction articles, I've just read an awesome one where Harry's parents came back to life at the beginning of his fifth year, and Lily becomes a teacher.

Can I have a link to that please? :ninjagirl: Sounds like something I would like to read.
Original post by Airmed
Can I have a link to that please? :ninjagirl: Sounds like something I would like to read.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you!
Draco is my daddy
Original post by Ediesedgewick
Draco is my daddy

:teehee: Rich and stuck up?
:teehee: Rich and stuck up?

Also incredibly hawt
Original post by Ediesedgewick
Also incredibly hawt

I wish that was me. :sad: :moon:
Reply 197
Original post by Airmed
Yet to go into the Dundee one, for fear I would spend a lot of money. :lol: Will check it out on Monday and then the Derry one on Wednesday.

BUT I went to Diagon House in Edinburgh today. Omg. :love:

I'd love to go to Diagon House but visiting Edinburgh is so expensive from Ayr and then its so busy during the Fringe :frown: did you treat yourself to anything? :smile:
I joined Pottermore AGES ago, and back then I was in Ravenclaw, but after they had a massive update and I had to sign up again my stats are different.

Hogwarts House: Gryffindor (Which makes no sense, since I am a lowkey coward)
Ilvermorny House: Horned Serpent
Patronus: Cheetah
Wand: Chestnut wood with a Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Hard flexibility
Original post by Rum Ham
I'd love to go to Diagon House but visiting Edinburgh is so expensive from Ayr and then its so busy during the Fringe :frown: did you treat yourself to anything? :smile:

I got 2 more posters :lol: Not like I needed them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending