Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    I don't ever recall reading about those? Or was it in a seperate book.
    The lore was recently added on Pottermore, around the time of Fantastic Beasts to promote it, it was never mentioned in Harry Potter, and only once mentioned in the Fantastic Beasts movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    The lore was recently added on Pottermore, around the time of Fantastic Beasts to promote it, it was never mentioned in Harry Potter, and only once mentioned in the Fantastic Beasts movie.
    Ah right okay that makes sense. In that case I don't care about it XD

ReputationRep:
    Subbing..... :awesome:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Which subject from HP would you love to study in real life?

I think for me it would be either Defence Against The Dark Arts or Care of Magical Creatures

I already studied Astronomy in real life for a bit at uni and still keep it as a hobby :teehee:

What subject wouldn't really interest you? For me, I think Divination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

I think for me it would be either Defence Against The Dark Arts or Transfiguration

I already studied Astronomy in real life for a bit at uni and still keep it as a hobby :teehee:

Transfiguration. Would be useful for becoming an animagus which would be gr8 banter. This is assuming that magic is now real in real life, or else why am I studying it..
    Erm, Muggle Studies lol.

ReputationRep:

I think for me it would be either Defence Against The Dark Arts or Transfiguration

Transfiguration, Charms and Defence against the Dark Arts would be my favorites.

I know I'd be the worst at Potions, I was terrible at Food Tech and that's pretty much the same. I'd be bad at Herbology as well.

ReputationRep:

That is almost impossible. I want to be Hermione here and say 'everything!' Charms I think I'd like and probably potions (as long as it was Slughorn teaching not Snape). I've always been fascinated by Runes, so I would want to take that too and Transfiguration because being able to turn an object I didn't need into one that I did would always be useful. Care of Magical Creatures would be fascinating. Herbology I might not be particularly good at, but I want to see all of those strange magical plants. I would even take History of Magic, if the amount of time I spend on Pottermore and Mugglenet is anything to go by.

The subject that would interest me least, probably Astronomy because it's something I could do as a Muggle if I so chose.

ReputationRep:

I think for me it would be either Defence Against The Dark Arts or Care of Magical Creatures

Transfiguration would be pretty dope. Defence Against The Dark Arts in 2017 wouldn't have much use I don't think to be honest Much rather be able to turn my dinner plate into a labrador
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What subject would you most like to learn if magic were real, Airmed?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What subject would you most like to learn if magic were real, Airmed?
    Ooh, hard question. Is ALL of them acceptable?

Most likely either History of Magic (as I like history) or Charms.

Hey fellow Potterheads! So I'm sad to say I am a little late at joining the club as I've finally just started to read the books at age 24 I've seen all the movies when they first came out but I don't know why I never got around to reading the books when I was younger as I had read other popular series such as LOTR, Stephen King's work etc but anyhoo, better late than never! :yep:

I'm currently half way through Prisoner of Azkaban and so far, I'd say that is my favourite book though I am really looking forward to reading Half Blood Prince. I don't find it boring reading the books after the films, I'm enjoying it very much

So what are your favourite moments from the HP series? Who is your favourite characters? What scenes from the books do you wish made it into the films?

Feel free to add your Pottermore stats too if you fancy :yep:

My stats are -
      House - Hufflepuff (I was very happy with the house I was allocated to :yep: )
      Patronus - Tortoiseshell cat (a cat, surprise surprise for me :teehee: )
      Ilvermoney - Horned Serpent
      Wand - Ash wood with a Dragon heartstring core 9 and 3/4 inch and quite bendy flexibility

I think if I ever came across a Boggart, it would appear as a wasp and it would be bloody hard to try and make that look amusing! My favourite character so far is either Hagrid or Dumbledore.
      I like that The HP thread thing - you're a bit late m'dear :lol:

Also the hell with Pottermore.

Also AFAIK I was briefly a de facto teacher in the HP Society way back in the day. I was rubbish though and never set any tasks/work.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Airmed)
      Ooh, hard question. Is ALL of them acceptable?

Most likely either History of Magic (as I like history) or Charms.
      I take it you would be like Hermoine then and use a time turner so you could study everything? :teehee:

I've just started Goblet of Fire
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I take it you would be like Hermoine then and use a time turner so you could study everything? :teehee:

I've just started Goblet of Fire
      Pretty much, yeah :mmm:

Oh, how did you find PoA? That's my favourite :love:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Pretty much, yeah :mmm:

Oh, how did you find PoA? That's my favourite :love:
      I loved PoA! Definitely my favourite book so far! Even though I knew what would happen since I've saw the films, I was so gripped when Sirius and Lupin finally explained everything to Harry :yep:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I loved PoA! Definitely my favourite book so far! Even though I knew what would happen since I've saw the films, I was so gripped when Sirius and Lupin finally explained everything to Harry :yep:
      Lupin is just :love:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Have you guys heard that Daniel, Emma and Rupert are in talks about reprising their roles in the Cursed Child film?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategoriz...gical-trilogy/
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Have you guys heard that Daniel, Emma and Rupert are in talks about reprising their roles in the Cursed Child film?

Jesus. 3 movies for the play? Even with them... I'm still not happy with the decision to make Fantastic Beasts 5 movies instead of 3.

I hated the play, tbh. Have you read it? If not, I won't spoil it for you, but tbh, it made no sense.

Look, I'm all for Harry Potter stuff, but damn, JKR just can't make up her mind when to stop. She keeps saying 'this is the end for Harry' and then you read stuff like that. I just want a Marauders' series, and then I can die happy. We do have a short Marauders' story, but I want more :cry2:

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately this is not true: https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/statu...58168282324994

Fake news?
      Spoiler:
      Show

Seriously The Sun is run by a lot of Rita Skeeters, don't pay attention to it.

ReputationRep:
      I hated the play, tbh. Have you read it? If not, I won't spoil it for you, but tbh, it made no sense.

Look, I'm all for Harry Potter stuff, but damn, JKR just can't make up her mind when to stop. She keeps saying 'this is the end for Harry' and then you read stuff like that. I just want a Marauders' series, and then I can die happy. We do have a short Marauders' story, but I want more :cry2:
      It's not J.K. Rowling's fault. Jack Thorne was the one who wrote Cursed Child, and that is why it is more like a terrible fanfic, and Rowling merely greenlit it for whatever reason.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Athena64)
      It's not J.K. Rowling's fault. Jack Thorne was the one who wrote Cursed Child, and that is why it is more like a terrible fanfic, and Rowling merely greenlit it for whatever reason.
      Eh, she gave him the basic plot-line, he just filled it in with **** and she thought it was great. And it's not. :sad: I had so much hope for it too.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.