lostre93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone!
I am going to apply at a postgraduate course in the Warwick Manufacturing Group of the university, and I don't know if it has any connection to the Warwick Business School department. The WBS is in every university ranking but I cannot find the WMG anywhere, can anyone tell if there is any connection between the 2 departments, or if they are equally good? Thank you very much in advance.
alainronaldaz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
WMG' is more focused on business relating to science/engineering/manufacturing as far as I'm aware of, whereas WBS is a much more traditional business oriented one. WMG however sounds fantastic, considering the breadth and innovation of courses on offer. WBS, as you would already know, is world renowned as being one of the world's leading business schools.
Either way, you'll get a Masters from Warwick University, which in itself is a huge accomplishment. Hope this helps!
uxa595
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Having studied at both WMG and WBS, I can safely make the recommendation that you should stay as far away from WMG as possible. The standard of teaching, course structure, course content and cohort is all far worse than WBS. The only redeeming quality of WMG is the Warwick stamp it gives you on a CV. Apart from that, it's absolute trash.
EnergyBanker
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by uxa595)
Having studied at both WMG and WBS, I can safely make the recommendation that you should stay as far away from WMG as possible. The standard of teaching, course structure, course content and cohort is all far worse than WBS. The only redeeming quality of WMG is the Warwick stamp it gives you on a CV. Apart from that, it's absolute trash.
can you go ahead sharing why is that bad? I'm interested in their MSc in Eng and Business
2cool4youxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have studied at WMG this past year and I have got to say it is one of the best courses. After the course going to interviews, I felt I could impress and show a large amount of knowledge on my course which was Manufacturing Systems Engineering. I would recommend WMG if you want to go into something related to science or engineering without a doubt as WBS will focus on business. Department wise WBS is one medium sized building whilst WMG takes up almost half the campus and is home to some of the most advanced industrial research centres.
Shahbaz1223
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How difficult is it to get into WMG? a 2:1 UK hons with 8 Band IELTS. Self funded.

(Original post by 2cool4youxx)
I have studied at WMG this past year and I have got to say it is one of the best courses. After the course going to interviews, I felt I could impress and show a large amount of knowledge on my course which was Manufacturing Systems Engineering. I would recommend WMG if you want to go into something related to science or engineering without a doubt as WBS will focus on business. Department wise WBS is one medium sized building whilst WMG takes up almost half the campus and is home to some of the most advanced industrial research centres.
bastian85
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol...I have studied at both places too.....and i recommend otherwise...for me WMG was way better experience in terms of cohort than WBS...It has more senior working professionals than WBS with a technical bent of mind. I would say if you are going for finance join WBS, for rest specialized management courses for Tech folks WMG is way better.
Last edited by bastian85; 1 year ago
bastian85
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EnergyBanker)
can you go ahead sharing why is that bad? I'm interested in their MSc in Eng and Business
Go ahead...i think its the flagship course of Warwick....
BailedOut
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I studied at WBS for my undergrad and WMG for my master's. I feel both are on par. Finance and economics courses at WBS are top notch, however if you want to work with technical bent of mind and mature folks WMG is the place to be. WBS is a good brand but only for MBA, in case you want tech mba you should join WMG's Engineering Management course...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed