Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just been on my student finance and went to the repayment website for my maintenance loan which I'm now paying back after withdrawing, and for some reason it is showing me a completely increased outstanding balance (over £2,000) when I know I owe less than £65. I paid off the majority of the loan in October and I have a direct debit set up which ends this year for the rest, and I have been paying monthly on time. Does the repayment site take a while to update my outstanding balance? I don't know why it is showing that I owe so much when, even with added interest, I can't owe that much.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinisSkip)
    I've just been on my student finance and went to the repayment website for my maintenance loan which I'm now paying back after withdrawing, and for some reason it is showing me a completely increased outstanding balance (over £2,000) when I know I owe less than £65. I paid off the majority of the loan in October and I have a direct debit set up which ends this year for the rest, and I have been paying monthly on time. Does the repayment site take a while to update my outstanding balance? I don't know why it is showing that I owe so much when, even with added interest, I can't owe that much.
    Hi,

Yes, this sounds normal - the repayment website can take some time to update.

If you're unsure, it may be best to check this with our Repayments team. You can reach them on 0300 100 0611.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi,

Yes, this sounds normal - the repayment website can take some time to update.

If you're unsure, it may be best to check this with our Repayments team. You can reach them on 0300 100 0611.

Thanks!
    Thanks. I also wondered, I have applied for a new course that is 3 years, and although the first course I went on (which I dropped out of after a week) was only £9,000 the new tuition fee is £9,250 will I be eligible for this?

Also, since I am paying what I owe of my maintenance loan every month regularly, well I be entitled to maximum funds for the maintenance loan, or will it be limited?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I also wondered, I have applied for a new course that is 3 years, and although the first course I went on (which I dropped out of after a week) was only £9,000 the new tuition fee is £9,250 will I be eligible for this?

Also, since I am paying what I owe of my maintenance loan every month regularly, well I be entitled to maximum funds for the maintenance loan, or will it be limited?
    Hi,

So, I take it you only have 1 year of previous study? If so, you have used your gift year, and so will still be eligible for full funding for any new course (this includes the increased Tuition Fees). Also, so long as you're not in arrears with us, any previous loans you have won't affect your new entitlement.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi,

So, I take it you only have 1 year of previous study? If so, you have used your gift year, and so will still be eligible for full funding for any new course (this includes the increased Tuition Fees). Also, so long as you're not in arrears with us, any previous loans you have won't affect your new entitlement.

Thanks!
    I have a direct debit set up to pay off all of it which ends in August, so if I apply in February but will still be paying it back will this affect the amount I get or not since the course starts in September?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have a direct debit set up to pay off all of it which ends in August, so if I apply in February but will still be paying it back will this affect the amount I get or not since the course starts in September?
    Hi,

No, this won't have an affect at all. If you've set up a direct debit for any reason, this won't count as being in arrears.

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.