Hi, I have applied and been given a conditional offer to Sunderland uni for cosmetic science and I'm trying to decide between unis, however I'm not sure what Sunderland is really like as I do not have time to visit and the website doesn't answer all my questions.
Would be greatful if people already studying there could answer some questions.
1. What is the teaching/teachers like? (Heard it's a new course there so teaching might be bad)
2. Are the facilities good? (Again new course so facilities are new but might not suffcient enough?)
3. Are class sizes really small? Do you like it?
4. Lecture theatres used or labs in small classes?
5. How much lab time do you get a week? How many can you miss without consequences?
6. What's living in Sunderland like? What's there to do? (Everyone I've talked to has trash talked Sunderland and said it's really ****, I'm scared I'll get there and hate it)
7. Clubs/bars/ shisha cafes?
8. Do you find yourself going to Newcastle for a night out instead?
9. What's the beach like? Do you do any watersports there? ( This is a factor that'd make me want to go)
10. What's your overall opinion on Sunderland, would you recommend other people go there for this course?
And actually passed?