The Student Room Group

Did I give him the impression that I don't like him?

(Anon please!!)

So basically there is this guy that I have done stuff with once before a couple of months ago and we sometimes talk on snapchat but I usually patch him, take ages to reply etc because he is a player and before I wasn't interested.

But on Friday we were texting a lot and he basically asked me if I liked him (he kept on saying comments like "I know you don't like me in that way" and was hinting at me to say I did) and I told him I did and he was like no way I didn't know etc. Then he was like "oh maybe we could go out one night and I could pick you up" and I was like sure I guess so and he was going to pick me up either on Saturday or Sunday but on Saturday morning I didn't answer his snapchat because it was like the end of the specific convo and I didn't hear from him on Saturday during the day but on Saturday night he went out with his friends and sent me a pic of them but I just patched it because it was kind of like a general snap but then at like 3/4am on Sunday morning he text me when he was drunk asking why I was ignoring him and saying other stuff that didn't make sense and then he was like "so tomorrow night??" But I got the messages on Sunday morning at like 10 and didn't answer because he had been drunk when he sent them.

I thought that he might have text me when he was sober but he didnt and I didn't reply to his drunk messages so we never went out on Sunday. I thought that if he was serious about meeting up he would have text me sober so I assume that he's not interested. Do you agree with me or do you think that I gave him the impression I wasn't interested? He's not text since Sunday morning and has kind of ignored me at school but I can see him looking at me and his friends talking about me. :/ (We are both 17).
Reply 1
Bump
He doesn't sound interested in you. Best to leave him be if he's a player. I'm sure you can find a better guy anyway. Plus yeah you did give him the impression you're not into him.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
(Anon please!!)

So basically there is this guy that I have done stuff with once before a couple of months ago and we sometimes talk on snapchat but I usually patch him, take ages to reply etc because he is a player and before I wasn't interested.

But on Friday we were texting a lot and he basically asked me if I liked him (he kept on saying comments like "I know you don't like me in that way" and was hinting at me to say I did) and I told him I did and he was like no way I didn't know etc. Then he was like "oh maybe we could go out one night and I could pick you up" and I was like sure I guess so and he was going to pick me up either on Saturday or Sunday but on Saturday morning I didn't answer his snapchat because it was like the end of the specific convo and I didn't hear from him on Saturday during the day but on Saturday night he went out with his friends and sent me a pic of them but I just patched it because it was kind of like a general snap but then at like 3/4am on Sunday morning he text me when he was drunk asking why I was ignoring him and saying other stuff that didn't make sense and then he was like "so tomorrow night??" But I got the messages on Sunday morning at like 10 and didn't answer because he had been drunk when he sent them.

I thought that he might have text me when he was sober but he didnt and I didn't reply to his drunk messages so we never went out on Sunday. I thought that if he was serious about meeting up he would have text me sober so I assume that he's not interested. Do you agree with me or do you think that I gave him the impression I wasn't interested? He's not text since Sunday morning and has kind of ignored me at school but I can see him looking at me and his friends talking about me. :/ (We are both 17).

So you've ignored him like 3 times, haven't replied at all, now you're wondering why he isn't chasing after you?

Sounds like you have an issue with texting back and he's probably getting bored of it.

If someone ignored me 3 times they'd never hear from me again tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
You've ignored him 3 times... OBVIOUSLY HES GOING TO THINK YOURE NOT INTERESTED

It's not always up to the guy to make the move and you could've at least replied with a "text me when you're sober" so he knew you were still interested.

Sounds more like you're messing with his head as you tell him your interested and then completely ignore him when he asked you out??! Not cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending