Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I know this question may have been asked countless times here before but basically, I am about to apply for student finance, my degree is about to start, probably I should have done this already. What would happen to my student loan if I either withdrew from the course or transferred to another uni?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiorafael)
    Hello all, I know this question may have been asked countless times here before but basically, I am about to apply for student finance, my degree is about to start, probably I should have done this already. What would happen to my student loan if I either withdrew from the course or transferred to another uni?

Thanks in advance
    It very much depends on when you withdraw and the circumstances under which you transfer (whether you need to repeat a year or not).

If you withdraw, you will still have to repay the student loans you've had, and potentially part of that term's installment will have to be repaid immediately. The number of years you do on that course will count against your entitlement to Student Finance in future, but that depends on when in your course you withdraw.

You get one extra "grace" year of funding, so if you transfer and have to repeat a year, you will still have enough SF to get you to the end of your degree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.