Miromath
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Dear members of the student room

I hope to get some advice

Im 25 years old and living in uae.
I dont have any secondary school sertificate so i decide to study igcse at home and make exams as a private candidate. Does someone knows what are the core subject and how many are they? Also pls advice me some good websites for online igcse courses. I want to start with math. Anyone who can advice me and give me some information how to start? Is there anyone here who study igcse at home? Sorry for my broken english. In may/june there is exams for igcse math. Is it possible for a beginner like me to study those 4 months and sit for the exam? Please give me some advice thanks allot
maruchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Miromath)

I dont have any secondary school sertificate so i decide to study igcse at home and make exams as a private candidate. Does someone knows what are the core subject and how many are they? Also pls advice me some good websites for online igcse courses. I want to start with math. Anyone who can advice me and give me some information how to start? Is there anyone here who study igcse at home? Sorry for my broken english. In may/june there is exams for igcse math. Is it possible for a beginner like me to study those 4 months and sit for the exam? Please give me some advice thanks allot
Hi
It is possible to study IGCSE Maths in 4 months! You should use examsolutions,hegartymaths and ukmathsteacher. You should also practice a lot of papers!

The main core subject are Maths, English, Biology,Chemistry and Physics. There are plenty of youtube videos on IGCSE science. It is also worth buying the IGCSE CGP books for sciences. And also practice papers for science.

Hope that helps
Miromath
Rep:
?
(Original post by maruchan)
Hi
It is possible to study IGCSE Maths in 4 months! You should use examsolutions,hegartymaths and ukmathsteacher. You should also practice a lot of papers!

The main core subject are Maths, English, Biology,Chemistry and Physics. There are plenty of youtube videos on IGCSE science. It is also worth buying the IGCSE CGP books for sciences. And also practice papers for science.

Hope that helps
thanks allot maruchan
what do you mean by papers? wich papers should i practise?
maruchan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thanks allot maruchan
what do you mean by papers? wich papers should i practise?
So for example if you are doing Edexcel for science you should practice the papers they have given on the website.

https://qualifications.pearson.com

this is the website for edexcel type your subject in and you get the papers.

Hope that helps
Miromath
Rep:
?
(Original post by maruchan)
So for example if you are doing Edexcel for science you should practice the papers they have given on the website.

https://qualifications.pearson.com

this is the website for edexcel type your subject in and you get the papers.

Hope that helps
im doing cambridge igcse math extended

where can i find the papers

thanks allot
maruchan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im doing cambridge igcse math extended

where can i find the papers

thanks allot
http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...0/past-papers/
Miromath
Rep:
?
thanks!
National Extension College
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi Miromath

National Extension College, https://www.nec.ac.uk/, offer online courses in all the subjects you need. Our courses will ensure you cover exactly what you should know for the exams. Assignments through the course will enable our tutor to follow your progress and help where required. Although we would prefer to be teaching you towards 2018 summer exams, we can help you somewhat towards 2017 if that's your plan. All of the past papers you want to do, we can help with marking those too.

Get in touch via the website,

Daniel
Beeshyknight
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by National Extension College)
Hi Miromath

National Extension College, https://www.nec.ac.uk/, offer online courses in all the subjects you need. Our courses will ensure you cover exactly what you should know for the exams. Assignments through the course will enable our tutor to follow your progress and help where required. Although we would prefer to be teaching you towards 2018 summer exams, we can help you somewhat towards 2017 if that's your plan. All of the past papers you want to do, we can help with marking those too.

Get in touch via the website,

Daniel
Hi,

I would like to do my Science Biology and was wondering if you book the exams for the students? Or if it is their responsibility.
aseel sabri
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
core exams is easier version of the subject you are taking , but the highest mark to get is c not all subjects have core but math, english and three sciences do have core i use youtube to understand some concepts , but i rely more on solving past papers , you can use dynamic papers to solve full one , but there is some related topics website like save my exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.75%
No (183)
76.25%

Watched Threads