Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear members of the student room

I hope to get some advice

Im 25 years old and living in uae.
    I dont have any secondary school sertificate so i decide to study igcse at home and make exams as a private candidate. Does someone knows what are the core subject and how many are they? Also pls advice me some good websites for online igcse courses. I want to start with math. Anyone who can advice me and give me some information how to start? Is there anyone here who study igcse at home? Sorry for my broken english. In may/june there is exams for igcse math. Is it possible for a beginner like me to study those 4 months and sit for the exam? Please give me some advice thanks allot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miromath)

I dont have any secondary school sertificate so i decide to study igcse at home and make exams as a private candidate. Does someone knows what are the core subject and how many are they? Also pls advice me some good websites for online igcse courses. I want to start with math. Anyone who can advice me and give me some information how to start? Is there anyone here who study igcse at home? Sorry for my broken english. In may/june there is exams for igcse math. Is it possible for a beginner like me to study those 4 months and sit for the exam? Please give me some advice thanks allot
    Hi
    It is possible to study IGCSE Maths in 4 months! You should use examsolutions,hegartymaths and ukmathsteacher. You should also practice a lot of papers!

The main core subject are Maths, English, Biology,Chemistry and Physics. There are plenty of youtube videos on IGCSE science. It is also worth buying the IGCSE CGP books for sciences. And also practice papers for science.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maruchan)
    Hi
    It is possible to study IGCSE Maths in 4 months! You should use examsolutions,hegartymaths and ukmathsteacher. You should also practice a lot of papers!

The main core subject are Maths, English, Biology,Chemistry and Physics. There are plenty of youtube videos on IGCSE science. It is also worth buying the IGCSE CGP books for sciences. And also practice papers for science.

Hope that helps
    thanks allot maruchan
    what do you mean by papers? wich papers should i practise?

ReputationRep:
    thanks allot maruchan
    what do you mean by papers? wich papers should i practise?
    So for example if you are doing Edexcel for science you should practice the papers they have given on the website.

https://qualifications.pearson.com

this is the website for edexcel type your subject in and you get the papers.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maruchan)
    So for example if you are doing Edexcel for science you should practice the papers they have given on the website.

https://qualifications.pearson.com

this is the website for edexcel type your subject in and you get the papers.

Hope that helps
    im doing cambridge igcse math extended

where can i find the papers

thanks allot

ReputationRep:
    im doing cambridge igcse math extended

where can i find the papers

thanks allot
    http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...0/past-papers/

ReputationRep:
    thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

Hi Miromath

National Extension College, https://www.nec.ac.uk/, offer online courses in all the subjects you need. Our courses will ensure you cover exactly what you should know for the exams. Assignments through the course will enable our tutor to follow your progress and help where required. Although we would prefer to be teaching you towards 2018 summer exams, we can help you somewhat towards 2017 if that's your plan. All of the past papers you want to do, we can help with marking those too.

Get in touch via the website,

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by National Extension College)
    Hi Miromath

National Extension College, https://www.nec.ac.uk/, offer online courses in all the subjects you need. Our courses will ensure you cover exactly what you should know for the exams. Assignments through the course will enable our tutor to follow your progress and help where required. Although we would prefer to be teaching you towards 2018 summer exams, we can help you somewhat towards 2017 if that's your plan. All of the past papers you want to do, we can help with marking those too.

Get in touch via the website,

Daniel
    Hi,

I would like to do my Science Biology and was wondering if you book the exams for the students? Or if it is their responsibility.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.