Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I sorted out getting my allowances for exams basically in past exams I was given rest breaks this means I am allowed to pause the exam.

It doesn't give me an unfair advantage because as soon as I do I have to step away from the paper and not look at the paper or write anything it's because linked to my autism I can get anxiety attacks in the exam it gives me a chance to calm down.

Anyway I have had his allowance throughout education and I contacted my previous university to ask for my disability stuff they have on record so I can pass it to the exam centre I will be sitting exams at.

In this data it has stated that my IQ when I was 12 was 86.

Now when I was 3/4 it was 35 seriously but thankfully that isn't in the data.

Due to the autism I was held back when I was younger but my iq has increased drastically over time last tested 144.

However universities won't get my last tested score unless I specifically send that they will get that disability report that says IQ 86.

Common perceptions is that iq is fixed for life this has been debunked with IQ in normal population shown to fluctuate by about 20 points. In autism There has been significantly larger fluctuations even for autism though a 58 point increase is rare. I say 58 instead of 109 because thankfully universitiesnwont see the report from when I was 3/4.

Unless I specifically mention my iq no universities will assume I have increased that much despite whatever's grades get. If I do mention my IQ on an application form they will assume I am a pretentious ******. if I don't they will assume I am an idiot. In theory someone with a low iq of 86 could still get A*A*A* if they worked their ass of. Not sure about steps but maybe. However at university they would hit the wall. You are meant to sending of your application for disability support etc as well as then application for university.

As soon as they see that 86 my application is binned right?

ReputationRep:
    bumpy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    So I sorted out getting my allowances for exams basically in past exams I was given rest breaks this means I am allowed to pause the exam.

It doesn't give me an unfair advantage because as soon as I do I have to step away from the paper and not look at the paper or write anything it's because linked to my autism I can get anxiety attacks in the exam it gives me a chance to calm down.

Anyway I have had his allowance throughout education and I contacted my previous university to ask for my disability stuff they have on record so I can pass it to the exam centre I will be sitting exams at.

In this data it has stated that my IQ when I was 12 was 86.

Now when I was 3/4 it was 35 seriously but thankfully that isn't in the data.

Due to the autism I was held back when I was younger but my iq has increased drastically over time last tested 144.

However universities won't get my last tested score unless I specifically send that they will get that disability report that says IQ 86.

Common perceptions is that iq is fixed for life this has been debunked with IQ in normal population shown to fluctuate by about 20 points. In autism There has been significantly larger fluctuations even for autism though a 58 point increase is rare. I say 58 instead of 109 because thankfully universitiesnwont see the report from when I was 3/4.

Unless I specifically mention my iq no universities will assume I have increased that much despite whatever's grades get. If I do mention my IQ on an application form they will assume I am a pretentious ******. if I don't they will assume I am an idiot. In theory someone with a low iq of 86 could still get A*A*A* if they worked their ass of. Not sure about steps but maybe. However at university they would hit the wall. You are meant to sending of your application for disability support etc as well as then application for university.

As soon as they see that 86 my application is binned right?
    They couldn't care any more or less about IQ. As long as you meet the requirements, and sound motivated enough to do the degree they'll offer you a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.