Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing it? how do you/should you prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    anyone doing it? how do you/should you prepare for it?
    Just do past papers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else done it yet? I just did it today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crème brûlée)
    Yess I did it today too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nut3lla8)
    Yess I did it today too
    How did you find it??? I thought it was so hard!

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it??? I thought it was so hard!

I've got it tomorrow... Was it really hard :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.v.a.v)
    Qu 1, 2 and 3 are ok, but I couldn't do 4 and 5 AT ALL because it's a2 stuff

ReputationRep:

ahh, you're a lower sixth student too, similar situations then. I'm sure you did well. I've looked at a couple of past papers but no point really revising since most of the paper is a2 level or not on the a level spec at all. The organic synthesis questions are practically impossible -_-. Questions 1,2 and 3 were answerable then huh?

ReputationRep:
    ahh, you're a lower sixth student too, similar situations then. I'm sure you did well. I've looked at a couple of past papers but no point really revising since most of the paper is a2 level or not on the a level spec at all. The organic synthesis questions are practically impossible -_-. Questions 1,2 and 3 were answerable then huh?
    Dw guys , I did it when I was in lower sixth and found it hard, but the thing is u only need like 15 marks to get a bronze.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellomynameis..)
    Just do past papers
    Yess I did it today too
    (Original post by daisie)
    Any predictions for the boundaries?
    I just had mine! that paper was crazy. what topics from those have you guys already covered because I think i've missed some stuff out because of school

ReputationRep:
    I just had mine! that paper was crazy. what topics from those have you guys already covered because I think i've missed some stuff out because of school
    I did it today too. I'm in lower sixth so I hadn't really done any of the stuff on it. I found it hard!

ReputationRep:
    I did it today too. I'm in lower sixth so I hadn't really done any of the stuff on it. I found it hard!
    what topics had you already covered and which are you yet to cover?

ReputationRep:
    what topics had you already covered and which are you yet to cover?
    We do the AQA spec and we've done Atomic Structure, Amount of Substance, Bonding, Periodicity and naming organic compounds and isomers

ReputationRep:
    We do the AQA spec and we've done Atomic Structure, Amount of Substance, Bonding, Periodicity and naming organic compounds and isomers
    OH ocr so i dont know if the content of the topics were the same...But from those topics, did their content come up and which topics were they? im just curious about other exam boards and if their contents helped with the olympiad

ReputationRep:
    OH ocr so i dont know if the content of the topics were the same...But from those topics, did their content come up and which topics were they? im just curious about other exam boards and if their contents helped with the olympiad
    (Original post by Hellomynameis..)
    Dw guys , I did it when I was in lower sixth and found it hard, but the thing is u only need like 15 marks to get a bronze.
    Yess I did it today too
    hey guys what were the topics for the 5 questions that came up in the olympiad? and were the questions hard would you say?

ReputationRep:
    what there any standard entahlpy?

ReputationRep:
    Did the paper today and I have to say its quite difficult. I found one or two of the questions relatively straightforward, but there was one question which I didn't even attempt. Good luck to anyone else who's yet to do it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.