Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been accepted onto a teacher training programme (SCITT) that is due to start in September of this year and obviously need to apply for student finance. I am unsure about when to apply though as I am getting married in the summer and this will obviously change my application as I will then be dependant on my husband and not my parents.

Do you have any advice on when I should apply? And can you confirm that the amount I will be entitled to will be based on my husbands income rather than my parents?

Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

We'd recommend applying as soon as the applications open (this is expected sometime in February/March), just to ensure you have some funding in place for the start of your course.

So long as you're getting married before the 1st of September 2017, we'll base the funding on your husband's income instead. When you get married, please send us a cover letter informing us of this, and a copy of the marriage certificate (this will cover the change of name too).

Lastly - to make sure you get the full funding, make sure your husband sends us a PFF2 form with his income details. You can always send this and the covering letter together once you're married.

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.