Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow for a fine art degree course and I have no idea what to wear!!! I was thinking maybe some black jeans, and a smartish jumper, I don't know whether it is formal or not!!

HELP

ReputationRep:
    can't know without knowing the university but their should be info out their so google it. If in doubt suit and tie. I think a lot of universities don't care what you wear so long as you appear presentable. However you can never go wrong with a suit and tie so if in doubt suit and die.

Not sure about all universities some may have specific dress requirements however If I had an interview from a university I would make sure I knew sufficient details significantly before the day prior to interview.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by wiggles111)
    I have an interview tomorrow for a fine art degree course and I have no idea what to wear!!! I was thinking maybe some black jeans, and a smartish jumper, I don't know whether it is formal or not!!

HELP
    Wear smart casual clothing. Something you're comfortable in but the sort of smart that you could go out for a roast with your nan to a decent pub without her rolling her eyes (ie avoid rips/threadbare/overly revealing).

Don't wear a suit - NOONE in a fine art department will be wearing a suit...they'll most likely be wearing overalls
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    can't know without knowing the university but their should be info out their so google it. If in doubt suit and tie. I think a lot of universities don't care what you wear so long as you appear presentable. However you can never go wrong with a suit and tie so if in doubt suit and die.

Not sure about all universities some may have specific dress requirements however If I had an interview from a university I would make sure I knew sufficient details significantly before the day prior to interview.
    A suit and tie is completely inappropriate for a fine art interview and is likely to make the OP feel overdressed and uncomfortable. Especially if they end up being interviewed by someone in paint/plaster splattered overalls.

Non ripped jeans and a non-offensive t shirt/top is fine. Something a bit smarter that the OP is comfortable in would also be fine.

The only real creative art interview where a suit *might* work would be a VERY snazzy suit for a fashion design interview or for some architecture departments (but again most staff in those departments will be scruffier than the students coming for interviews).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.