wiggles111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an interview tomorrow for a fine art degree course and I have no idea what to wear!!! I was thinking maybe some black jeans, and a smartish jumper, I don't know whether it is formal or not!!

HELP
Luke7456
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can't know without knowing the university but their should be info out their so google it. If in doubt suit and tie. I think a lot of universities don't care what you wear so long as you appear presentable. However you can never go wrong with a suit and tie so if in doubt suit and die.

Not sure about all universities some may have specific dress requirements however If I had an interview from a university I would make sure I knew sufficient details significantly before the day prior to interview.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wiggles111)
I have an interview tomorrow for a fine art degree course and I have no idea what to wear!!! I was thinking maybe some black jeans, and a smartish jumper, I don't know whether it is formal or not!!

HELP
Wear smart casual clothing. Something you're comfortable in but the sort of smart that you could go out for a roast with your nan to a decent pub without her rolling her eyes (ie avoid rips/threadbare/overly revealing).

Don't wear a suit - NOONE in a fine art department will be wearing a suit...they'll most likely be wearing overalls
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Luke7456)
can't know without knowing the university but their should be info out their so google it. If in doubt suit and tie. I think a lot of universities don't care what you wear so long as you appear presentable. However you can never go wrong with a suit and tie so if in doubt suit and die.

Not sure about all universities some may have specific dress requirements however If I had an interview from a university I would make sure I knew sufficient details significantly before the day prior to interview.
A suit and tie is completely inappropriate for a fine art interview and is likely to make the OP feel overdressed and uncomfortable. Especially if they end up being interviewed by someone in paint/plaster splattered overalls.

Non ripped jeans and a non-offensive t shirt/top is fine. Something a bit smarter that the OP is comfortable in would also be fine.

The only real creative art interview where a suit *might* work would be a VERY snazzy suit for a fashion design interview or for some architecture departments (but again most staff in those departments will be scruffier than the students coming for interviews).
wiggles111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (16)
69.57%

Watched Threads