Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm so jealous watch

Announcements

I'm so jealous of all you smug relationship people and all you happily single people. I'm in a relationship and I can't stand my boyfriend.

What do you do when you love someone you don't particularly like? Someone who treats you badly and you still want to be with them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    I'm so jealous of all you smug relationship people and all you happily single people. I'm in a relationship and I can't stand my boyfriend.

What do you do when you love someone you don't particularly like? Someone who treats you badly and you still want to be with them? :confused:
    Ask yourself "WHY?" is it you still want to be with them. What do you mean? Is he using you? Cheating on you?

ReputationRep:

Does Dave still owe you 5 quid?

ReputationRep:

Dodge it before it develops into something serious! Honestly - cut it off at the toenails (rather than the neck) - it's less painful.

ReputationRep:

well atleast you can pretend to be in a smug relationship.

ReputationRep:

You sort out your priorities and remember that YOU come first.

(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Dodge it before it develops into something serious! Honestly - cut it off at the toenails (rather than the neck) - it's less painful.

It's kind of already serious, i.e. 18 months in. It's been perfect for ages and then just suddenyl changed. I want to be with him because I'm sure he's the same person underneath that he always was, I just can't understand what's happened.

He's not using me or cheating on me, but he just acts like I don't matter and he doesn't want me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipsCDRW)
    That's a remarkably screwy way to live. Don't do that.
    and why not? Would you rather she give into this guy and keep being unhappy? No the first step is to think of her own wellbeing.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't what I meant, I meant always be considerate to other people!

Maybe I misunderstood your post. :confused:
    I think you did.

Maybe you could ask him what's changed?

PhilipsCDRW® and all associated aliases takes no liability for any emotional or other damages resulting from following PhilipsCDRW® relationship guidance counselling.

He says he doesn't know what's changed. The thing is, he's been saying that ever since he got back from holiday a month ago. I can't take much more of this.

ReputationRep:
    He says he doesn't know what's changed. The thing is, he's been saying that ever since he got back from holiday a month ago. I can't take much more of this.

oh, dear... He hasnt had an affair has he?

ReputationRep:
    Darl, if hes treating you bad, dont take it. Drop him. Simple as that.

No he hasn't had an affair. He's honest enough, plus he was in rural Devon with his strict Catholic family and the dog. :cool:

(Original post by Everdawn)
    Darl, if hes treating you bad, dont take it. Drop him. Simple as that.

It's not nearly as simple as that. He's been my best friend for over 3 years and I can't imagine life without him. I know he's not really like this, I just can't understand what's happened. He's the nicest guy in the world, maybe he's just reacting to all the stress we've been through recently. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen plenty of girls who's boyfriends treat them badly but they will never get out of the relationship because "they can't imagine life without them."

If you aren't independent or confident enough to live without someone who treats you badly then that's a shame and no one can offer you any helpful advice.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh I'm really referring to girls that I know and your case just sounds pretty similiar. Probably completely different...

ReputationRep:

Fight your feelings because if it's not feeling right and he doesn't treat you right you've got to kick him to the kerb.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of already serious, i.e. 18 months in. It's been perfect for ages and then just suddenyl changed. I want to be with him because I'm sure he's the same person underneath that he always was, I just can't understand what's happened.

He's not using me or cheating on me, but he just acts like I don't matter and he doesn't want me.
    I know how you feel! It's awful when you're in that "in between" phase - you have been together so long that splitting up feels weirder than staying together. And yet you're not happy!

I keep telling my bf about all the things he used to do that he doesn't now. He was so much more interested back then!

ReputationRep:
    I would do anything to be in a relationship right now

It is annoying seeing all these happy couples in town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    I would do anything to be in a relationship right now

It is annoying seeing all these happy couples in town.
    But what do you do when you are a couple but not a happy one...so you get the worst of both worlds - you don't get the benefits of being single or being together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    But what do you do when you are a couple but not a happy one...so you get the worst of both worlds - you don't get the benefits of being single or being together.
    but surely there would be some short moments where things would be good

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.