Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, looking for advice from anyone doing a Liverpool uni foundation year at Carmel college.

I'm wondering what accommodation is best. I wanted to apply for the off-campus student villages because they seem more fun and social, but the uni recommends applying for on-campus halls because they say it's closer to the college.

Also, the college seems miles out of town, is it difficult to get there? How is it in general?

Thank you

p.s I'm applying for biological sciences foundation yr

ReputationRep:
    I can't say anything as I drive in but from what friends say you probably want to be near the bus or train route to keep commute as short as possible. The buses can take nearly an hour to get in.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions mate. Do you give other students lifts in as well and all chip in? Also how many hours a week/day are you in the college? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dungey95)
    Couple of questions mate. Do you give other students lifts in as well and all chip in? Also how many hours a week/day are you in the college? Cheers.
    I would if any lived near me but I am over the runcorn bridge and almost all the other students stay in Liverpool city accommodation. 4x3 subject lessons a week means 12 hours of lectures a week across 5 days. Although my Tuesday means I have 2 lessons with 1 at 9 and 1 at 3 I just use the free time in the yr 0 Base to do course work or revision between lessons. So about 12 hours of lessons with 12 free periods between each week. Most days I'm out by 2. Longest day possible is 9.20 - 4pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattm08)
    I can't say anything as I drive in but from what friends say you probably want to be near the bus or train route to keep commute as short as possible. The buses can take nearly an hour to get in.
    Thanks for the reply from centre of Liverpool (like near on campus accommodation) how long would it take to drive to carmel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundaysunday)
    Thanks for the reply from centre of Liverpool (like near on campus accommodation) how long would it take to drive to carmel?
    I think about half an hour. Train is 25 mins to Thatto heath near the college from lime Street with a 10 min walk to the college, but I live about 50 mins away from the college over the Mersey.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.