Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is gonna sound kind of weird. So a while back I was really good friends with this guy and he liked me and I liked him but he would always say lets not go out. Anyway fast forward a bit. We got in a massive fight It was over Facebook messenger and there was a lot of really awful language used. I went to go send him another message just before realising. I HAD BEEN BLOCKED! I was so pissed that I went and unfriended him on facebook. But then a few days later I started to feel bad and sent him another friend request. This is where it all gets confusing, So I sent the request and never got a confirmation it had been confirmed but now when I search up his name it comes up with the messenger bubble like it normally does when you are searching for someone you are already friends with an it doesn't come up wit the add friend request or t say the friend request is pending. We are getting on fine now in real life but he seems to be holding a massive grudge on me and wont unblock me on messenger. He hasn't blocked me on facebook though because I can still see his timeline.
    So in short, If somebody has blocked you on facebook messenger only and not facebook. Will you be able to see if they accepted your friend request?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephielola)
    Ok, this is gonna sound kind of weird. So a while back I was really good friends with this guy and he liked me and I liked him but he would always say lets not go out. Anyway fast forward a bit. We got in a massive fight It was over Facebook messenger and there was a lot of really awful language used. I went to go send him another message just before realising. I HAD BEEN BLOCKED! I was so pissed that I went and unfriended him on facebook. But then a few days later I started to feel bad and sent him another friend request. This is where it all gets confusing, So I sent the request and never got a confirmation it had been confirmed but now when I search up his name it comes up with the messenger bubble like it normally does when you are searching for someone you are already friends with an it doesn't come up wit the add friend request or t say the friend request is pending. We are getting on fine now in real life but he seems to be holding a massive grudge on me and wont unblock me on messenger. He hasn't blocked me on facebook though because I can still see his timeline.
    So in short, If somebody has blocked you on facebook messenger only and not facebook. Will you be able to see if they accepted your friend request?
    I don't know the answer about Facebook but it sounds like you're better off without being each others lives.. especially if he feels a grudge and you used to like eachother. Just ask yourself if ou actually value his friend ship *that* much or whether it is best left alone.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by stephielola)
    Friends request or not, the only way you will solve this is if you both talk about this issues, if he is still being stubborn then I wouldn't call him much of a friend, what was the argument about?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.