Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HELP!!
    Hi everyone, I am applying to study in the U.K. in September 2017 and I have Italian citizenship so I think I'm eligible for the finance. I would like to know how and when to apply for the student finance. How does it work?
    And I would like to know if the First Certificate B2 could replace the IELTS score 6.0.
    Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Ang2706)
    HELP!!
    Hi everyone, I am applying to study in the U.K. in September 2017 and I have Italian citizenship so I think I'm eligible for the finance. I would like to know how and when to apply for the student finance. How does it work?
    And I would like to know if the First Certificate B2 could replace the IELTS score 6.0.
    Thank you!
    Moved your post to the Student Finance Support section.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to study in the U.K. in September 2017 and I have Italian citizenship so I think I'm eligible for the finance.
    You can get a Tuition Fee Loan but not a Maintenance Loan, so you will have to pay for your own livng costs (rent, food, bills, travel etc).

I would like to know how and when to apply for the student finance.
    Applications can open any time from late January onwards. You just need to keep checking back to the Student Finance website. The different countries in the UK have different systems, but if your uni is in England, you will apply to Student Finance England.

How does it work?
    As an EU applicant, you will apply using a paper form rather than the online system. Instructions will be on the SF website. You will be asked to prove that you live in the EU, and be able to demonstrate how many years you've lived there (things like letters from school etc).

Probably not, but check with your prospective uni.

ReputationRep:
    HELP!!
    Thank you!
    Have you actually lived in Italy though?

ReputationRep:
    I will check the Student Finance website for more information. Thank you very much!!
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You can get a Tuition Fee Loan but not a Maintenance Loan, so you will have to pay for your own livng costs (rent, food, bills, travel etc).

Applications can open any time from late January onwards. You just need to keep checking back to the Student Finance website. The different countries in the UK have different systems, but if your uni is in England, you will apply to Student Finance England.

As an EU applicant, you will apply using a paper form rather than the online system. Instructions will be on the SF website. You will be asked to prove that you live in the EU, and be able to demonstrate how many years you've lived there (things like letters from school etc).

(Original post by Klix88)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Have you actually lived in Italy though?
    Yes, I live in Italy.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I live in Italy.
    Thanks.
    that bit is important because its residence not citizenship that counts for student finance. As long as you've lived in the EU for the last 3 years then you can apply for a tuition fee loan only

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.