09812dsd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Other than in Investment Banks is there many graduate programmes where you work within an office that deals with investments and you'll work as an analyst such as hedge funds, wealth management, insurance companies?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
private equity analyst schemes exist, however they're even moreso competitive and limited (1-2 spots a year)
09812dsd
Rep:
?
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
private equity analyst schemes exist, however they're even moreso competitive and limited (1-2 spots a year)
Would you say that through Investment Banks is the best way to get into the Investment industry?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 09812dsd)
Would you say that through Investment Banks is the best way to get into the Investment industry?
i would agree with that philospophy, yes
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Other than in Investment Banks is there many graduate programmes where you work within an office that deals with investments and you'll work as an analyst such as hedge funds, wealth management, insurance companies?
only real option is AM firms and divisions within banks and insurance companies. everything else is probably unrealistic.

I wouldn't peg private banking or PWM as investing tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DetectivePeralta
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Getting into hedge funds or private equity at the graduate level is almost impossible. It's far easy (but still very difficult) to get in after being an analyst in an investment bank. For private equity or equities-focused hedge funds, its best to have worked in M&A or Leveraged Finance. For macro-focused hedge funds, it would be better to have worked in FX or rates trading or research.

Getting into asset management is a bit more realistic at the graduate level than hedge funds or private equity but doesn't provide you with the transferable skills and the exit opportunities that working in M&A does.
09812dsd
Rep:
?
If I was to retake year 13 to get better a level results would IB's look down on that when I apply for grad programmes?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I was to retake year 13 to get better a level results would IB's look down on that when I apply for grad programmes?
probs give absolutely no crap
Milkround
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We have this vacancy at the moment:

Analyst- Global Investment, Omnicom Media Group:
http://www.milkround.com/job/87403/a...al-investment/

Would that be what you are looking for? If you type 'investment' into the job search section, there's a few more that come up as well:
http://www.milkround.com/searchjobs/...e&CountryCode=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads