Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR AS Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics G571 & G572 - 18 & 25 May 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
    Wait did Plato come up??
    Yeah but as in the mind bbody soul topic not just him on his own . I used plato and descartes as dualists and aristotle , dawkins and Ryle as monists /materialists

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the first question I wrote about God being a creator, so craftsman and creatio ex nihlo. And a small paragraph on the cosmological argument cause I got so confused. Was that right???????

ReputationRep:
    the 10 markers killed me fgs they were mad hard

ReputationRep:
    to what extent questions in 10 markers arethe ones i hate, honestly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaAlicia23)
    Yeah but as in the mind bbody soul topic not just him on his own . I used plato and descartes as dualists and aristotle , dawkins and Ryle as monists /materialists
    Ohhh woow I forgot about that 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaAlicia23)
    Body/Soul came up i was so happy !!
    However was suprised that problem of evil came up as it was in the sample paper too..
    and the last option was cosmological
    if anyone wants to remember what the questions were like i remember 1 and 2
    1* 'There is no such thing as a soul' discuss.
    2* Assess the claim that natural evil has no purpose

And 3* was .. to what extent does the cosmological argument show belief in a transcendant God? ..( i might be wrong )
    Sorry Guys these were the questions for the new spec AS not the resit paper ..i thought this thread wass for new spec AS my badd!

ReputationRep:
    The 10 markers were really hard. Do you think the grade boundaries will be nice?

I did 2 (Teleo) and 4 (Augustine). Honestly I don't think there was much to say about Augustine I just talked about Original Sin and Redemption and how Jesus came to save us all (hopefully me included). Let's hope this is ok!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosplayqueen)
    The 10 markers were really hard. Do you think the grade boundaries will be nice?

I did 2 (Teleo) and 4 (Augustine). Honestly I don't think there was much to say about Augustine I just talked about Original Sin and Redemption and how Jesus came to save us all (hopefully me included). Let's hope this is ok!!!!!
    Me too. Hated the 10 markers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennaelizaaa)
    Guys for the first question I wrote about God being a creator, so craftsman and creatio ex nihlo. And a small paragraph on the cosmological argument cause I got so confused. Was that right???????
    I didn't do question 1 but yeah I think that's a good answer as long as you have developed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sushibear)
    wait what?! I wrote cosmological for the first q
    I wrote cosmological too, surely they'll mark both as right?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether if you do worse on AS retake do u keep your previous grade or not?

ReputationRep:
    Now we know the predictions can't be trusted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneymakesmoney)
    Now we know the predictions can't be trusted
    I know right?! Moral evil? here's an example: going against every single expectation of this exam:/:/

ReputationRep:
    i done Problem of evil but the thing is since it only concentrates on Moral Evil and not Natural Evil, it was short, well 1 and a quarter pages long and the 10 markers were hell.

ReputationRep:
    last year it was 44/70 to get a B, hopefully it will go lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helzbayy)
    last year it was 44/70 to get a B, hopefully it will go lower
    We live in hope !

ReputationRep:
    Time was the biggest problem for me.

I mean I realised after putting Paley and Aquinas into the 25 marker that I was behind and so couldn't put as much into the 10 Markers for Design. Hopefully my good knowledge of the 25 marker makes up for my average 10 marker. Same story for problem of evil.

What did you guys put for moral evil? As in the 10 marker asking whether gods existence could be justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HungarianTamil)
    Time was the biggest problem for me.

I mean I realised after putting Paley and Aquinas into the 25 marker that I was behind and so couldn't put as much into the 10 Markers for Design. Hopefully my good knowledge of the 25 marker makes up for my average 10 marker. Same story for problem of evil.

What did you guys put for moral evil? As in the 10 marker asking whether gods existence could be justified.
    i put Irenaeus' idea that God created the world imperfectly so imperfect immature beings would go through a sould making process into the likeness of God and that evil is educative punishment.

i then gave a Car Example; if a car designer sells a car to a customer then he is fully responsible if the car is faulty, i linked this with the Universe, if there is evil in universe then God is responsible in which this challenges his existence.
    i then refuted this idea and said some Religious Believers would attack this example and say; if a person is running towards a car whilst the car was moving, is this the Car designer's fault?

lastly i wrote; some Athiests would also say that if God is 'Omnipotent' as Christians think then God would of stop suffering, Therefore he is not Omnipotent.

i done a conlcusion and thats it. i needed more time but fair enough.

is this ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helzbayy)
    i put Irenaeus' idea that God created the world imperfectly so imperfect immature beings would go through a sould making process into the likeness of God and that evil is educative punishment.

i then gave a Car Example; if a car designer sells a car to a customer then he is fully responsible if the car is faulty, i linked this with the Universe, if there is evil in universe then God is responsible in which this challenges his existence.
    i then refuted this idea and said some Religious Believers would attack this example and say; if a person is running towards a car whilst the car was moving, is this the Car designer's fault?

lastly i wrote; some Athiests would also say that if God is 'Omnipotent' as Christians think then God would of stop suffering, Therefore he is not Omnipotent.

i done a conlcusion and thats it. i needed more time but fair enough.

is this ok?
    I put Irenaeus's soul making defence too as well as the afterlife defence and a counter for Anthony Flew. The arguments against were Anthony Flew, Dostoyevsky.

I have no idea if my or your 10 marker for problem of evil is right at all. That's how unsure I am for the 10 marker

ReputationRep:
    the 10 mark for the teleological part
    'To what extent does the universe has a purpose is just an illusion'
    i spoke about Darwin's Natural Selection- long story short he says that universe does not need a designer or purpose and universe is a product of small changes from past that les to big changes. i said his argument is weak as it is not saying that it is an illusion but rather giving an alternative purpose to the Teleological Argument

i used a bit of Mackie's idea on the Cosmological argument as he gives an example of a carriage and says there could be an infinite number of carriages but this is only possible if there is a railway engine meaning universe cannot exist out of nothing but must have something that caused universe to exist.

i also used Hume's criticism of the teleological argument as he mentions that random order could lead to an orderliness rather than disorder and used analogy of ship, as it could be a product of generations of trial and error.

concluded my point to say that universe must have a purpose.
    dunno how many marks i would get for this.
    i could of written more

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.