Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you were going to propose to someone or someone was going to propose to you, what would be your perfect proposal?

If I was going to propose to someone I would take them to Paris in France to
    Pont des Arts (padlock bridge) where I would get down on one knee and propose with both a padlock and a ring and then if she said yes we would put the padlock on the bridge and throw away the key.

So what about all of you?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Changing the relationship status to engaged on FB.

ReputationRep:
    Eiffel Tower or in the Maldives.

ReputationRep:
    Omg getting proposed in France would be romantic :love:

But tbh I don't mind as long as it's not embarrassing or in front of family members especially my mum (she's super embarrassing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    If you were going to propose to someone or someone was going to propose to you, what would be your perfect proposal?

If I was going to propose to someone I would take them to Paris in France to
    Pont des Arts (padlock bridge) where I would get down on one knee and propose with both a padlock and a ring and then if she said yes we would put the padlock on the bridge and throw away the key.

So what about all of you?
    Pretty sure that's been done about 1000 times and I'm sure it's illegal now.. I'd try to make it something personal, at a time and place that defines our relationship. I wouldn't create a superficial atmosphere that wouldn't exist in our relationship. Maybe I'll cook spaghetti and hide the ring in the plate, when she finds it I'll propose…actually that's an awful idea lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My dream proposal would be to be proposed to at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland while relaxing drinking some cocktails and watching the northern lights

How my partner actually proposed - he came home from college one day and said "I've been thinking that we've been more than just bf and gf for years and I think of you as a lot more than that, think it's about time we got married? Will you marry me? I know you're not a fan of jewelry so I've not got a ring, you can choose one if you say yes" no down on one knee either :laugh: we then got a takeaway after it to celebrate :teehee: I still found his proposal romantic and it doesn't really matter how someone proposes, it's the thought and your future together that counts

Besides, we had already been to the Blue Lagoon the year before anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.