Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to think of a new avatar but I'm out of ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, do what you want
    secondly who cares about an avatar. mine is a stone head with the colours inverted. so what , lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I've been trying to think of a new avatar but I'm out of ideas.
    i thought you were leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i thought you were leaving.
    Only if that is what the majority of voters say. At the time I started it I was sure that everyon but a handfull of people would vote for me to go. I guess I was mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Only if that is what the majority of voters say. At the time I started it I was sure that everyon but a handfull of people would vote for me to go. I guess I was mistaken.
    That would never happen. There's no reason for people to want you to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    You know my opinion on this, i don't really know what else to say about it.
    You two are so gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You two are so gay.
    Mr white, you and friends are like day and night. You obviously don't get the concept.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean this in a *****y way, but you should leave if random internet people's opinions mean that much to you.. perhaps your time will be more constructively spent doing something to raise your confidence.

ReputationRep:
    The nature of the thread tells me that you take UKL far too seriously, so Id probably leave if I were you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I agree to an extent, it shouldn't be up to people on the Internet to decide what you should and shouldn't do.
    This makes sense to me. To value the views of people you have (for the most part) never met, above your own reason and logic, is a bit worrying.

Excuse the awful pun, but there is a common thread amongst the following: 'Am I attractive?', 'Should I stay or should I go?', 'I'm leaving so I'll write my own eulogy while I'm here' - total immersion and total self-obsession.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    This makes sense to me. To value the views of people you have (for the most part) never met, above your own reason and logic, is a bit worrying.

Excuse the awful pun, but there is a common thread amongst the following: 'Am I attractive?', 'Should I stay or should I go?', 'I'm leaving so I'll write my own eulogy while I'm here' - total immersion and total self-obsession.
    I think we established earlier that a better worded question would be, "Do you want moncal to leave?".

ReputationRep:
    You forget that some people can be so critical of their own looks. A feeling of unattractiveness can actually be involved with early developments of serios illnesses. Don't forget the media has a lot of influence. But yes I do think these threads are becoming quite tedious. Yet you have posted on one of these tedious threads yourself, yet, ironically, clearly disapproving of them. We live in a society where looks a judged along with dress sense too.

BTW you forgot the hairstyle ones eg yellowtaxi and someone asked about curly hair I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You forget that some people can be so critical of their own looks. A feeling of unattractiveness can actually be involved with early developments of serios illnesses. Don't forget the media has a lot of influence. But yes I do think these threads are becoming quite tedious. Yet you have posted on one of these tedious threads yourself, yet, ironically, clearly disapproving of them. We live in a society where looks a judged along with dress sense too.

BTW you forgot the hairstyle ones eg yellowtaxi and someone asked about curly hair I think.
    More than one! But that doesn't mean I like them.

I think that these threads can actually serve to heighten people's personal insecurities, rather than counter them.

May I add - some of them are clearly done for a bit of fun, others are not.

ReputationRep:
    More than one! But that doesn't mean I like them.
    Well I didn't want to spy on you so I left it up to you to respond to the one thread bit.

I think that these threads can actually serve to heighten people's personal insecurities, rather than counter them.
    True, but sometimes we may never tell which is which unless there are clues to suggest otherwise.

May I add - some of them are clearly done for a bit of fun, others are not.
    I know This must be the reason for your shortlist of good looking girls on UKL then

ReputationRep:
    I know This must be the reason for your shortlist of good looking girls on UKL then
    Of course! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Of course! :cool:
    At approximately 3am. And I know you're in GMT so you can't pull a fast one on that note. Not sleepy?

ReputationRep:
    At approximately 3am. And I know you're in GMT so you can't pull a fast one on that note. Not sleepy?
    Can't sleep for all the heat. Have nothing to wake up for. Might go and watch telly in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep for all the heat.
    Same. It's annoying because I end up staying up all night at times and that has happened before. Never happened last summer to this extent. THe nights must be getting warmer and/or muggier.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.