Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please feel free to express how do u find the shared facilities wc/shower in the accomodation?

Is it worthy to pay the double price only for private wc/bath?

thx

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't have a problem sharing with others I am in one of the biggest shared areas so it's 14 people to 3 bathroom and 3 showers and I have never had a problem with waiting for anything as people are always getting up at different times and split between showering in the evening and the morning.

Also there is the added plus that the rooms without ensuites have their own sinks anyway and you won't have to pay for toilet paper/ clean your own bathroom.

So for those reasons personally I don't really think its worth spending the extra cash on an ensuite room.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a problem with shared bathroom in halls, sometimes you can't get in the shower exactly when you want to but then that's the same at home. You also get the added bonus of having a cleaner and (usually) the uni will give you toilet roll so you don't have to buy your own. There's no point in paying way more to have an ensuite when halls are expensive enough as it is!

ReputationRep:
    My son is a nightmare at home and I wonder if he goes away what the hell will happen. He ALWAYS, as in every single time, uses far too much toilet paper and blocks the toilet. He hasn't been doing it, like forever, but he has the last year. He will get a huge long roll of toilet paper and use it. Of course, nowhere near that much is needed. The plunger is used every single day. How can someone who is nearly 20 suddenly not understand that you cannot use too much toilet paper each time or else it will become blocked? EDIT TO ADD In case you're thinking, no it is not extra toilet paper he has used for THAT. That toilet paper, he disposes of separately.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys... i was thinking the samo.no point to pay extra for own bath... since all people are happy...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.