Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Surprisingly Awesome Levels in Games Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently got Dishonored 2 and have been having a great time with the new features and powers. Without giving any spoilers, on one level you get a gadget that acts as a window to the past, and then step back to that point in time. The whole concept of stepping forwards and back between present and one day in the past added unique potential for gameplay style changes (eg. noticing a guard, stepping out of the time zone until he passes by, then re-entering the timezone to take him out, then hiding from angry guards in the wrong timezone and watching the confusion unfold through the window-gadget-whatszit) and environment puzzles of reaching locations inaccessible in one time frame or another.
    -It was unexpected and fun. -A shame the gadget didn't work outside that level.

So, what part or level in a game have you found amazing? Where for the duration of that level you have a new power or gadget that completely changes your gameplay style?

( -Whatever is posted needs to be an unexpected feature of the game, not one advertised in trailers or demos. )

ReputationRep:
    I haven't finished the games yet i think I'm about half way through. However so far my favourite level is defiantly the clockwork mansion, being able to switch the rooms i trapped the enemies and confused them(pretty coolio). Im playing without any powers so i find that the objects and funiture are conveniently placed in spots where i can still climb up or jump and still blend into the theme and background; making you have to be creative to reach certain areas which i find more challenging and fun to do then warp somewhere. But yeah thats my favourite level so far and from what u wrote i know its going to keep be better( its a good game ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isobel07)
    I haven't finished the games yet i think I'm about half way through. However so far my favourite level is defiantly the clockwork mansion, being able to switch the rooms i trapped the enemies and confused them(pretty coolio). Im playing without any powers so i find that the objects and funiture are conveniently placed in spots where i can still climb up or jump and still blend into the theme and background; making you have to be creative to reach certain areas which i find more challenging and fun to do then warp somewhere. But yeah thats my favourite level so far and from what u wrote i know its going to keep be better( its a good game ).
    that will be my next playthrough. My current one is going for the ghost and clean hands achievements.
    Oh and clockwork mansion was fun, but I expected that level because it was in the trailer.

As for the level I mentioned above- you will be well prepared for it because all supernatual powers become useless for the mission duration. -It's why you have so much fun with the gadget thing -its a non-magical thing you can have a lot of fn with

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.