The Student Room Group

BT apprenticeship scheme 2017

Hey there.

Has anyone else applied for the BT apprenticeship scheme that recently was launched again this year?

I applied for B&Bs IT and was wondering if anyone has gotten past the video interview stage, or even been hired. Or if anyone from previous years can give a few hints.

Scroll to see replies

I passed the video interview and got this email on the 7th Feb 2017:

Dear Waqar,

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the BT Apprentice Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Our assessment centres take place between March and August. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to assessment centre based on how well they've done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you're successful in receiving an invite to an assessment we’ll be in touch to provide further information about the role we’re considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning, and there may be a delay in us letting you know whether you've been successful at this stage or not. However, we'll send you regular updates to let you know if you've been considered for an assessment centre place.

We’ll be in touch with an update as soon as we can. If you have any questions before you’ve heard from us please email x

Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far.

Best wishes,

BT Apprentice Recruitment Team
Original post by WaqarAliShabir

Dear Waqar,

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the BT Apprentice Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Our assessment centres take place between March and August. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to assessment centre based on how well they've done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you're successful in receiving an invite to an assessment we’ll be in touch to provide further information about the role we’re considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning, and there may be a delay in us letting you know whether you've been successful at this stage or not. However, we'll send you regular updates to let you know if you've been considered for an assessment centre place.

We’ll be in touch with an update as soon as we can. If you have any questions before you’ve heard from us please email x

Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far.

Best wishes,

Hi I have BT apprentiship Video interview, Can someone please assist as what to expect and the questions asked . Thanks

Dear Waqar,

Best wishes,

Hi I have BT apprentiship Video interview next , Can you please assist as what to expect and the questions asked . Thanks
Original post by kiransoor
Hi I have BT apprentiship Video interview next , Can you please assist as what to expect and the questions asked . Thanks

Any information will be useful, Really nervous. Thanks
Reply 5
Hi there I am at the video interview stage, a bit nervous to be honest and a fairly camera shy. Do you have any tips for the video interview, and could you elaborate a bit on the questions they asked you? Thanks, very much appreciated.
Reply 6
Hi there.
I did the interview already, unfortunately I did not pass as apparently my answers were not good enough, I applied to TSO IT as well.
Congratulations on getting this far, hopefully you will pass through the Hub day,
Original post by hammi1
Hi there.
I did the interview already, unfortunately I did not pass as apparently my answers were not good enough, I applied to TSO IT as well.
Congratulations on getting this far, hopefully you will pass through the Hub day,

Apply for a different role or different location
Reply 8
They did say it was only one application per year, and they said it again on the e-mail they sent but they said I can apply next year.
Got an email today from BT. Saying that they haven't forgotten me and they are still considering me for an assessment centre. They said that they will update me in two weeks.

Getting really nervous now.

Really want this apprenticeship.

In Sha Allah I will be successful.
Got an email today from BT. Saying that they haven't forgotten me and they are still considering me for an assessment centre. They said that they will update me in two weeks.

Getting really nervous now.

Really want this apprenticeship.

In Sha Allah I will be successful.

I had the same e-mail this morning, which I find funny because I managed to get through the video interview yesterday. I also hope I manage to get this apprenticeship, best of luck to you.
Original post by TastyMuffin
I had the same e-mail this morning, which I find funny because I managed to get through the video interview yesterday. I also hope I manage to get this apprenticeship, best of luck to you.

I had the video interview on the 7th feb 2017. Got an email the same day saying I have passed the video interview.

In Sha Allah we will both be successful.

what role have you applied for and what location.

I applied TSO IT - Manchester- Advanced Apprenticeship
I had the video interview on the 7th feb 2017. Got an email the same day saying I have passed the video interview.

In Sha Allah we will both be successful.

what role have you applied for and what location.

I applied TSO IT - Manchester- Advanced Apprenticeship

I applied for the Higher HR apprenticeship in London, do you know what the assessment day will consist of?

I'm just hoping we will be given appointments soon.
Original post by TastyMuffin
I applied for the Higher HR apprenticeship in London, do you know what the assessment day will consist of?

I'm just hoping we will be given appointments soon.

Not really. I think that they will consist of a few tests. I think you might have to do a presentation. There may also be group based thing.

I don't even know if I will be invited to an assessment centre. I really want to join BT, In Sha Allah , we will both be given appointments.
Reply 14
This may seem like a daft question but are you supposed to introduce yourself in a video interview if it goes straight into questions?
Original post by MagicR
This may seem like a daft question but are you supposed to introduce yourself in a video interview if it goes straight into questions?

The first question was what your hobbies and interests. I firstly introduced myslef and then talked about my hobbies and interests
Not face to face. You dont type. You record yourself. There is a guide when u do it

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate. Hope it goes all well for you. Thanks
May seem like a daft question, but what did you wear for the video interview? Smart clothes or just casual?
Cheers
Original post by JamesDobson
May seem like a daft question, but what did you wear for the video interview? Smart clothes or just casual?
Cheers

It is better to wear something professional.
Reply 19
How long after your video interview did you get the email to tell you your being considered for a assessment centre?

Quick Reply

Latest