Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the information. Is the Assessment day quite formal or is it kept quite light and fun, quite nervous about what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxy163)
    Thank you for the information. Is the Assessment day quite formal or is it kept quite light and fun, quite nervous about what to expect.
    Which Apprenticeship have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJD16)
    Which Apprenticeship have you applied for?
    Cyber Security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxy163)
    I attended one last year and just missed out. It's very informal and they make you feel really relaxed no need to worry

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, thats good to know, can hopefully relax a little now.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an update email yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wileman1991)
    Anyone had an update email yet?
    Yea, they contacted me via email and telephone for the assessment centre you
    should hear back from them very shortly.

Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieGriffin1589)
    Yea, they contacted me via email and telephone for the assessment centre you
    should hear back from them very shortly.

Goodluck!
    Ah, sorted! When's the assessment date? What date did you do the video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wileman1991)
    Ah, sorted! When's the assessment date? What date did you do the video interview?
    Assessment Date - 25th (Depends on locations)
    Did the video interview 8th March I belive. (If you havent done the video interview stage yet, its completely fine but has to be done ASAP)
    It took them 1-2 Weeks after that to contact me with the Assessment centre if they pick you.

ReputationRep:
    Did the video interview 8th March I belive. (If you havent done the video interview stage yet, its completely fine but has to be done ASAP)
    It took them 1-2 Weeks after that to contact me with the Assessment centre if they pick you.
    Thanks for the info, did my video around the 13th i believe so i assume they'll be in touch shortly

ReputationRep:
    What location are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJD16)
    What location are you in?
    London

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have applied for Trainee Openreach Engineer. I have passed the video interview and received an email explaining that the next stage is to see if I'm selected for the assessment centre. I got this email on the 20th March! Anyone else applied and how long do the normally take to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ettaylor)
    Hi everyone, I have applied for Trainee Openreach Engineer. I have passed the video interview and received an email explaining that the next stage is to see if I'm selected for the assessment centre. I got this email on the 20th March! Anyone else applied and how long do the normally take to get back to you?
    Most people have said after passing the video interview, they received an assessment centre invite around 2 weeks after they completed the interview.

I'm still waiting to hear back, and mine has been over 2 weeks, so I'm starting to get concerned whether i'm even going to be able to attend an assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzconnorx)
    Most people have said after passing the video interview, they received an assessment centre invite around 2 weeks after they completed the interview.

I'm still waiting to hear back, and mine has been over 2 weeks, so I'm starting to get concerned whether i'm even going to be able to attend an assessment centre.
    Yeah it's frustrating you get through all this and then you still don't even know if your going to get a place at the assessment! Suppose we just need to wait! Thanks for the info tho 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ettaylor)
    Yeah it's frustrating you get through all this and then you still don't even know if your going to get a place at the assessment! Suppose we just need to wait! Thanks for the info tho 👍🏻
    Frustrating I know, but hopefully it's worth the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzconnorx)

I am also still waiting to hear back. But I don't think it works on when you did your video interview. I reckon it is based on location and if they is enough people in that location that can go to assessment centre. They can't just have an assessment centre for 1 person. Also I think they start down south e.g. London and Bristol and work they way up north e.g. Leeds and Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJD16)
    I am also still waiting to hear back. But I don't think it works on when you did your video interview. I reckon it is based on location and if they is enough people in that location that can go to assessment centre. They can't just have an assessment centre for 1 person. Also I think they start down south e.g. London and Bristol and work they way up north e.g. Leeds and Sheffield
    I've applied for a role based in Walsall so don't know if anyone has had an assessment centre invite yet for that location?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adampage29)
    I attended one last year and just missed out. It's very informal and they make you feel really relaxed no need to worry
    Sorry that you missed out, are you going to reapply? How many where on the Assessment? Is there a specific order that they do the group exercise, interview, reasoning assessment and discussion exercise. The presentation that you have to do, is that infront of everyone or just in front of the Assessor? Sorry about all the questions!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adampage29)
    Hey Adam, hope your doing well, If you dont mind me asking, when you went last year, apart from the presentation was there any tests (Like Maths/English/IT) Just wondering, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.