Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any alternative private halls/ accommodation in london for Queen marys to look at for 2017/18 entry? I live in london so if I firm it i won't get halls.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London too and hoping I do get into QMU this year I won't be accepted for accommodation either. The private one situated near to the campus (SCAPE living I believe?) is extortionate in comparison to privately rented flats in East London :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopherz)
    I live in London too and hoping I do get into QMU this year I won't be accepted for accommodation either. The private one situated near to the campus (SCAPE living I believe?) is extortionate in comparison to privately rented flats in East London :grumble:
    Completely agree. I believe theres something called Sherren house but its not available for our year of entry for some reason. Theres stratford one too but I'm not sure i would want to live there. What are you hoping to study at QMU and if so in the future you get in, do you plan on getting a flat and renting it out with others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia0x0)
    Completely agree. I believe theres something called Sherren house but its not available for our year of entry for some reason. Theres stratford one too but I'm not sure i would want to live there. What are you hoping to study at QMU and if so in the future you get in, do you plan on getting a flat and renting it out with others?
    That sucks, I hadn't heard of that one before or even looked too much into the accommodation just because I don't qualify for it
    I think hopefully, if I do get into QMU then I'll move into a flat with my boyfriend. He studies at UEL so I'm not too picky about whereabouts I live in East London because it's good for both of us - my job has arranged a transfer to Westfield for me (assuming all goes well) so somewhere near Stratford wouldn't be too bad either. It's just frustrating because I won't know any of this until late August when I get my results back, and then it'll be a rush of trying to get a place to live between then and freshers week..:nope:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.