Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any alternative private halls/ accommodation in london for Queen marys to look at for 2017/18 entry? I live in london so if I firm it i won't get halls.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London too and hoping I do get into QMU this year I won't be accepted for accommodation either. The private one situated near to the campus (SCAPE living I believe?) is extortionate in comparison to privately rented flats in East London :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopherz)
    I live in London too and hoping I do get into QMU this year I won't be accepted for accommodation either. The private one situated near to the campus (SCAPE living I believe?) is extortionate in comparison to privately rented flats in East London :grumble:
    Completely agree. I believe theres something called Sherren house but its not available for our year of entry for some reason. Theres stratford one too but I'm not sure i would want to live there. What are you hoping to study at QMU and if so in the future you get in, do you plan on getting a flat and renting it out with others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia0x0)
    Completely agree. I believe theres something called Sherren house but its not available for our year of entry for some reason. Theres stratford one too but I'm not sure i would want to live there. What are you hoping to study at QMU and if so in the future you get in, do you plan on getting a flat and renting it out with others?
    That sucks, I hadn't heard of that one before or even looked too much into the accommodation just because I don't qualify for it
    I think hopefully, if I do get into QMU then I'll move into a flat with my boyfriend. He studies at UEL so I'm not too picky about whereabouts I live in East London because it's good for both of us - my job has arranged a transfer to Westfield for me (assuming all goes well) so somewhere near Stratford wouldn't be too bad either. It's just frustrating because I won't know any of this until late August when I get my results back, and then it'll be a rush of trying to get a place to live between then and freshers week..:nope:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 18, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.