Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have applied to take Drama and Japanese Studies for 2017 entry. I sent off my application the 15th December, I haven't heard back from them yet and was wondering if there was a specific time period or if they have a reputation for responding after a long period of time.

I'm worried that I haven't been accepted as the course states that at GCSE its preferred that you have a B, but I got a C. However I meet the predicted grades of BBB and I meet the requirement of a B at Alevel English Language and Literature. Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazzleFrazzle92)
    Hey! I have applied to take Drama and Japanese Studies for 2017 entry. I sent off my application the 15th December, I haven't heard back from them yet and was wondering if there was a specific time period or if they have a reputation for responding after a long period of time.

I'm worried that I haven't been accepted as the course states that at GCSE its preferred that you have a B, but I got a C. However I meet the predicted grades of BBB and I meet the requirement of a B at Alevel English Language and Literature. Thanks!

Hi,
    The wait time for every applicant will vary. You can get in contact with the admissions team directly to check on the status of your application.

Tel: 01865 483040 or Email: [email protected]

Good luck!

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my UCAS application on the 5th of December and received an offer last Wednesday, so I had to wait a month to hear anything. I applied for Japanese Studies too along Anthropology. I wouldn't worry about your GCSE results to be honest, as long as you have a C in English and Maths you'll be fine, especially as you exceed the A-level entry requirements.

I'm not sure when you'll hear back from the university but considering you've applied for Japanese Studies like I did, I'm sure it'll be soon.

Just relax and be patient. Have you heard back from any other uni's? It's probably why you're stressing so much, I know I was when I was waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveningWonder13)
    I submitted my UCAS application on the 5th of December and received an offer last Wednesday, so I had to wait a month to hear anything. I applied for Japanese Studies too along Anthropology. I wouldn't worry about your GCSE results to be honest, as long as you have a C in English and Maths you'll be fine, especially as you exceed the A-level entry requirements.

I'm not sure when you'll hear back from the university but considering you've applied for Japanese Studies like I did, I'm sure it'll be soon.

Just relax and be patient. Have you heard back from any other uni's? It's probably why you're stressing so much, I know I was when I was waiting to hear back.
    I actually just got an offer today xD which was an amazing feeling since I have my heart set on the university. I have had offers back from all my other universities except the university of Birmingham, but they emailed to say that my application has been sent to admissions tutor.

Its really cool to kind of meet someone who has also applied for the same course, will you be going to the applicants day on the 4th ??

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offers! I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the applicants day as I'm from Northern Ireland and don't think I can afford it since I'm going on a school trip abroad early next month. I might go visit sometime this year but unfortunately not anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxford Brookes University)
    Hi,
    The wait time for every applicant will vary. You can get in contact with the admissions team directly to check on the status of your application.

Tel: 01865 483040 or Email: [email protected]

Good luck!

Sophie
    I applied to Oxford Brookes 6 month ago and I still haven't heard back... contacted admissions and tde2 and no response. I do like the program I have applied for, but I have two other offers with fast approaching deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oxford Brookes 6 month ago and I still haven't heard back... contacted admissions and tde2 and no response. I do like the program I have applied for, but I have two other offers with fast approaching deadlines.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything back from us. Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

I think you should ring admissions directly on 01865 48 3040.

Good luck!
    Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your suggestion and being helpful online; unfortunately my experience with the rest of the admission team wasn't the same.

I called the number above 2 weeks ago; after being put on hold a few times for the gentleman to figure out what's going on. After much confusion, I was told that an offer has been made to me a few months earlier. The admission was for a program that I hadn't applied to but I wanted to know about it and consider it anyways. I provided my phone number and an alternative email address and asked for the admission to be reflected on UCAS. 2 weeks later, I haven't received anything on either emails, no phone calls and my UCAS still shows application pending.

Needless to say that I accepted one of my other offers; all I could think is that this is only a reflection of how unorganized the university is as a whole. Hope others have a better experience... I'm just glad that I had other options.

Cheers,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.