Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now after this incident where a car has crashed into a pile of fly tipping rubbish
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38664888
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now after this incident where a car has crashed into a pile of fly tipping rubbish
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38664888
    That is absolutely ridiculous! I think the massive problem is literally just that we can't monitor everywhere, making it incredibly hard to find the people that do it unfortunately... Short of having CCTV everywhere, which I vehemently oppose in any case...! The only thing I can think of is whether making it easier and cheaper for people to get rid of it - as long as the loss of revenue from charging people for commercial waste is less than the amount councils have to spend in getting the crap cleared up anyway...

I definitely agree that it's a massive problem and really does need to be stopped.

ReputationRep:
    What the...
    I know that the Germans used to be surprised that we don't have cams mouinted in our forests here in Poland, but I have never heard about something like this, to drop a pile of rubbish in a middle of the road?! Either it doesn't happen here, or nobody reports it. Do you think that native British-British would do something like this?

ReputationRep:
    Read the title and thought something like he caught some air and his car then went into it making it ironic. Saw a crime documentary a while back and it is ridiculous, a CCTV camera showed a truck with a skip full of rubbish construction material tipped onto the road whilst it was still driving leaving a massive trail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    What the...
    I know that the Germans used to be surprised that we don't have cams mouinted in our forests here in Poland, but I have never heard about something like this, to drop a pile of rubbish in a middle of the road?! Either it doesn't happen here, or nobody reports it. Do you think that native British-British would do something like this?
    No. All I will say is, most of the time it is a very specific community of people who seem to like living caravans and speak a strange Irish dialect.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now
    Starting?! It has been a massive problem for years but because it most commonly occurs in the countryside it is mostly ignored by wider society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Starting?! It has been a massive problem for years but because it most commonly occurs in the countryside it is mostly ignored by wider society.
    I must admit though, If see a dumped pile of rubbish on the lanes around here, I do like to stop and have a look to see if there is anything useful. Got a lot of free firewood that way over the years. Someone dumped several hundred old bricks near me a few years back, now they are my garden path. Every cloud, as the saying goes.

What is not so fun is when you are driving down a narrow country lane and find that somebody has decided to burn a caravan, in the middle of the road.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    What is not so fun is when you are driving down a narrow country lane and find that somebody has decided to burn a caravan, in the middle of the road.....
    The joys of the nomadic Irish.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.