Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Car crashes into a pile of fly tipping rubbish Watch

• TSR Support Team

Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now after this incident where a car has crashed into a pile of fly tipping rubbish
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38664888
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now after this incident where a car has crashed into a pile of fly tipping rubbish
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38664888
    That is absolutely ridiculous! I think the massive problem is literally just that we can't monitor everywhere, making it incredibly hard to find the people that do it unfortunately... Short of having CCTV everywhere, which I vehemently oppose in any case...! The only thing I can think of is whether making it easier and cheaper for people to get rid of it - as long as the loss of revenue from charging people for commercial waste is less than the amount councils have to spend in getting the crap cleared up anyway...

I definitely agree that it's a massive problem and really does need to be stopped.

ReputationRep:
    What the...
    I know that the Germans used to be surprised that we don't have cams mouinted in our forests here in Poland, but I have never heard about something like this, to drop a pile of rubbish in a middle of the road?! Either it doesn't happen here, or nobody reports it. Do you think that native British-British would do something like this?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Read the title and thought something like he caught some air and his car then went into it making it ironic. Saw a crime documentary a while back and it is ridiculous, a CCTV camera showed a truck with a skip full of rubbish construction material tipped onto the road whilst it was still driving leaving a massive trail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    What the...
    I know that the Germans used to be surprised that we don't have cams mouinted in our forests here in Poland, but I have never heard about something like this, to drop a pile of rubbish in a middle of the road?! Either it doesn't happen here, or nobody reports it. Do you think that native British-British would do something like this?
    No. All I will say is, most of the time it is a very specific community of people who seem to like living caravans and speak a strange Irish dialect.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Starting to think this fly tipping is getting out of hand now
    Starting?! It has been a massive problem for years but because it most commonly occurs in the countryside it is mostly ignored by wider society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Starting?! It has been a massive problem for years but because it most commonly occurs in the countryside it is mostly ignored by wider society.
    I must admit though, If see a dumped pile of rubbish on the lanes around here, I do like to stop and have a look to see if there is anything useful. Got a lot of free firewood that way over the years. Someone dumped several hundred old bricks near me a few years back, now they are my garden path. Every cloud, as the saying goes.

What is not so fun is when you are driving down a narrow country lane and find that somebody has decided to burn a caravan, in the middle of the road.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    What is not so fun is when you are driving down a narrow country lane and find that somebody has decided to burn a caravan, in the middle of the road.....
    The joys of the nomadic Irish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.