Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a very large ass (the size of Kim K's, before she got it filled) and I get conscious of this when I am running at the gym. I always wear tops that cover my bum area but even then you can still see it wobbling around under my top - it really stands out as I have a small waist. To me this is unattractive, hence why I run a lot. I see other girls running and they have nice toned bums and they just look normal - even those that are slightly bigger than me seem to have their butts under control, maybe because they are in proportion to the rest of their body.

The other day when I got off the treadmill and turned around to leave a man was looking right at me and started smiling like crazy - I KNOW it's because of my bum. The treadmills are directly in front of the weights area which doesn't help. Guys check me out at the gym but I don't see why as I'm more curvy soft rather than toned (although I'm slowly getting there). So when I run even my legs jiggle around a bit.

Is it normal to feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    i guess you have an issue with your hips, which, unlike your waist, can't be trimmed by running lots

bump

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine it being a bit awkward but just take it as a compliment that you look attractive to them. If you really dislike it use it as motivation to get fitter, you could also try just walking or jogging or going for bike rides.

ReputationRep:
    Just do squats, or maybe, you have anterior pelvic tilt. I had this, and it made my arse look big (for a male), but it went when I trained harder.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's normal to feel like that.

Blokes are obviously going to love to look at it but that makes a lot of girls uncomfortable. You want your bf to love it but not everyone on the street. It's an attractive feature though so try to see it as a positive.

It's the same with boobs. Men love a big pair and a lot of girls want big boobs and get boob jobs but there are plenty of girls with naturally big tits who don't like them. They cover them up and wish they were smaller.

(Original post by Sternumator)
    Yes it's normal to feel like that.

Blokes are obviously going to love to look at it but that makes a lot of girls uncomfortable. You want your bf to love it but not everyone on the street. It's an attractive feature though so try to see it as a positive.

It's the same with boobs. Men love a big pair and a lot of girls want big boobs and get boob jobs but there are plenty of girls with naturally big tits who don't like them. They cover them up and wish they were smaller.
    You are right, I guess we always want what we can't have! I've always seen girls with more toned derrieres as attractive, but maybe if I did have a smaller bum I'd be wishing it was bigger

ReputationRep:
    We need pics to be able to comment fully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a very large ass (the size of Kim K's, before she got it filled) and I get conscious of this when I am running at the gym. I always wear tops that cover my bum area but even then you can still see it wobbling around under my top - it really stands out as I have a small waist. To me this is unattractive, hence why I run a lot. I see other girls running and they have nice toned bums and they just look normal - even those that are slightly bigger than me seem to have their butts under control, maybe because they are in proportion to the rest of their body.

The other day when I got off the treadmill and turned around to leave a man was looking right at me and started smiling like crazy - I KNOW it's because of my bum. The treadmills are directly in front of the weights area which doesn't help. Guys check me out at the gym but I don't see why as I'm more curvy soft rather than toned (although I'm slowly getting there). So when I run even my legs jiggle around a bit.

Is it normal to feel like this?
    any pics

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.