Reading
Kent
Sussex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton
Sussex
Reading
Kent
Visit those cities, or research them, and choose whichever you feel you would be happiest spending 3+ years.
What course of study?
Reply 5
Original post by martinnmartin
Rank them

Southampton
Reading
Kent
Sussex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield
Original post by hellodave5
Visit those cities, or research them, and choose whichever you feel you would be happiest spending 3+ years.

I am from outside of EU so how do i know which universities would give me the best experience for my 3+ years. I can't really get the best pictures by googling it :frown:
Original post by Farhanaazulkifli
I am from outside of EU so how do i know which universities would give me the best experience for my 3+ years. I can't really get the best pictures by googling it :frown:

It's difficult to get an idea without visiting.
The web is great though; you can contact people that live in the prospective cities or do the courses you like the look of, check out their facilities and events, and look at university ranking websites (for teaching feedback, and the international reputation of the university based on their research production - which I feel is much less important, but depends on your area).
Have you visited the UK at all?

How have you arrived at your list of 'possibles' (you feel that there universities offer the best facilities for your intended course of study, but you want to know more about the area? / you have relatives in those areas but you need to know more about the universities?)?

It really does depend on what you want your 'experience' to be.
Are the courses all the same? Or does one offer a module that you'd prefer that the others don't offer?
Much of a muchness. Canterbury a lovely place.
Rank them

Kent
Reading
Southampton
Sussex

Alphabetically, like they should be.
As someone who lives near Reading, it's a bit of a dump but I think the university is quite a way from the city centre. The university is very big, I know that much, and it's easy to get into London from there.

Sussex is a really good university - lovely countryside campus but a 5 minute train or drive from Brighton which is an amazing student city.
Definitely the most beautiful and buzzing place out of those four.
Original post by She-Ra
Sussex is a really good university - lovely countryside campus but a 5 minute train or drive from Brighton which is an amazing student city.
Definitely the most beautiful and buzzing place out of those four.

Brighton is no way more beautiful than Canterbury.

I have a friend who is a policeman there [Brighton] and crime is bad.

What sort of place do you want to live?
Reading is an excellent place to be as a student and while I do agree that the town isnt the best, it is very student friendly i.e. loads of big name shops in the town centre at the oracle and transport is alright.

I'd also argue that Reading has the best campus out of those unis. It's spacious, has a nice lake and has good facilities
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Southampton by a mile.
I don't mind as long as it's away from London which all of them are, I'm looking for the best uni in terms of reputation and that could get me a decent job. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply