ReputationRep:
    Yes, WAFLL, MOT

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Yes.

I remember when they left :moon:
    I also remember when they went down. I thought they would bounce back up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Forest back as well.

Forest, Wolves, Sheff x 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I'd like to see Forest back as well.

Forest, Wolves, Sheff x 2.
    and AFC Wimbledon

The North shall rise again.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I will never get bored of MOT, so yes

ReputationRep:
    Out with the old in with the new. Teams like Leeds and Villa actually have to get good before wanting them in the premier league, what's the point of them embarrassing themselves and trying to outdo Derby County going straight down with as little points as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Out with the old in with the new. Teams like Leeds and Villa actually have to get good before wanting them in the premier league, what's the point of them embarrassing themselves and trying to outdo Derby County going straight down with as little points as possible.
    Obviously true which is why I said in the FF if I wasn't a Villa fan I'd want us gone as well, but as clubs they're more interesting than some of the ones in the league at the moment.

Plus Leeds are a decent side these days and could make the automatic places.

ReputationRep:
    It's good for the Premier League "brand," and just football in general, to have clubs like Leeds in there. Leeds vs Chelsea/Man United/Liverpool are all huge traditional fixtures with a lot of history behind them. It's good to have the little guys in too (Bournemouth, Swansea etc) but the PL loses out a lot if you have too many of the traditional big clubs rotting away in the FL. Leeds area long overdue a return.

ReputationRep:
    Better not lose at Gander Green Lane first

ReputationRep:
    Leeds played a huge part in the football landscape when I was a kid. They were always a bit unpopular amongst other clubs given the reputation of their supporters as being a bit Millwall-like "no-one likes us we don't care" but they always seemed to bring an interesting storyline to the league.

First - the rising stars who came out of nowhere to disrupt the upper echelons of the league and win an unlikely league title, still the last one that has been won by an English manager, and the last one won by playing old school football.

Then for a year in the mid 1990s, they had the most exciting striker phenomenon in the game, when they signed the Ghanaian striker Tony Yeboah from the Bundesliga. He was unplayable during that time and became a cult hero of supporters of every club in a way you probably don't get with players today. When I was at school Yeboah was responsible for everyone wanting to try unlikely bits of skill to crack one in from distance, and none of us were Leeds fans.

Then after seeming to go stale for a while, at the end of the 1990s they went on a glorious footballing experiment of trying to assimilate all the most talented young players in the country together - largely British - and they had an incredibly exciting team that played great football and was full of hope for the future. I remember how people used to talk about Leeds and what David O'Leary was doing, saying this was the model everyone else should follow because they were going to dominate English football in the 2000s due to having a team of super talented 18-23 year olds that were all learning together. Rio Ferdinand was the leader, and their schoolboy ranks of Alan Smith, James Milner, Aaron Lennon were going to be the next generation coming through.

They made the Champions League semis and about half way through the next season they were top of the league and signed Robbie Fowler and they were within touching distance of glory. Then the holes in the finances started to be uncovered and they unravelled and were out of the Premier League in two years, and down to League one a few years later. Unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Leeds played a huge part in the football landscape when I was a kid. They were always a bit unpopular amongst other clubs given the reputation of their supporters as being a bit Millwall-like "no-one likes us we don't care" but they always seemed to bring an interesting storyline to the league.
    I can understand where this comes from but all the Leeds fans I've ever spoken to have been nice, not like the stereotype at all.

Get them back in the Prem, A place like Yorkshire deserves better representation than Hull City Tigers and Boro.

ReputationRep:
    If Leeds and Newcastle could get promoted then all the traditionally large UK clubs would be in the top flight, really don't want Brighton coming up though.
    • Very Important Poster

Not really although I feel sorry for the Leeds fans due to their owner who comes second last to the Oystons at Blackpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    If Leeds and Newcastle could get promoted then all the traditionally large UK clubs would be in the top flight.
    Is this a wind up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I can understand where this comes from but all the Leeds fans I've ever spoken to have been nice, not like the stereotype at all.
    Well with all football supporters generalisations are very crude and you will always meet a lot of decent people. I went to uni in Leeds and watched a lot of sport there including Leeds Rhinos, Yorkshire CCC and Leeds United and a couple of things I noticed were that they have a lot of fierce pride in the performance of their local teams, and in their Yorkshire identity, but also they took themselves and their club quite seriously and they didn't seem to have the sense of humour and self-deprecation that you get from fans of some clubs.

Also in fairness to Leeds fans, they also had a general acceptance that success was hard to achieve and required a lot of graft and didn't have any delusions about being entitled to success. You also never hear Leeds fans bang on about needing to play in the right style or a "Leeds United way" like say Newcastle, West Ham or Swansea fans do. They will happily support a team that battles its way to success and if other clubs fans say they are boring to watch they probably smugly enjoy the fact that it annoys others, rather than getting on their own team's back. Where they will get on their own team's back is if they think the players are a bit soft and not putting in a shift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I do. Everyone hates them.
    No I will miss my annual laugh at watching our fans fight them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.