Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I am going to attend the University of Amsterdam this year. My course is Media and Information. I am Ukrainian but I study in England, Shropshire. It would be nice to find someone who is also going to attend this uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbarabash)
    Hello everyone!
    I am going to attend the University of Amsterdam this year. My course is Media and Information. I am Ukrainian but I study in England, Shropshire. It would be nice to find someone who is also going to attend this uni!
    Hii, I will be attending UvA next year, also studying media and information !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenzasab)
    Hii, I will be attending UvA next year, also studying media and information !!
    Hey! That's great! Have you already arranged housing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas65633)
    So on myinfo.uva how long have people had to wait whilst the status has showed as 'admission decision' ?

Thanks!
    Hi,

It was there for like 10 days or so and then it changed to "completion". But haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uva100891)
    Anyone applied for Research Master in Psychology?
    Hi,
    I applied for the research masters in psychology during the second week of march. Application status says completion. Still waiting for a response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddardh)
    Hi,
    I applied for the research masters in psychology during the second week of march. Application status says completion. Still waiting for a response.
    Hi, thanks so much for replying! Was wondering if there are any other psych applicants like me on this forum.

I applied in Nov 2016. After completion they showed "admission decision" but I heard the program coordinator that it was still under processing. Hope we can get our result soon. Did you apply for other schools?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks so much for replying! Was wondering if there are any other psych applicants like me on this forum.

I applied in Nov 2016. After completion they showed "admission decision" but I heard the program coordinator that it was still under processing. Hope we can get our result soon. Did you apply for other schools?
    Hi,

Not really. I'm planning to get some work experience if I don't get in.
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbarabash)
    Hey! That's great! Have you already arranged housing?
    No I heard that I need to wait for Uva to send me an email about that or something like that but I haven't received anything yet ? What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm doing Literary and Cultural Studies and they said they'd email me and invite me to apply for accommodation mid-May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miggles99)
    Hi guys!
    I've just recieved an offer for literary studies and was wondering if anyone else had applied for that course. Thanks x
    I have applied for Literary Studies at the UvA and intend on starting September 2017. I received a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago! But will have trouble sending in my statement of results as I don't receive them until August.

Very pleased nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenzasab)
    No I heard that I need to wait for Uva to send me an email about that or something like that but I haven't received anything yet ? What about you ?
    Yes, me too, I'm waiting for an email.
    I'm so excited 🤓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DokiePokie)
    I have applied for Literary Studies at the UvA and intend on starting September 2017. I received a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago! But will have trouble sending in my statement of results as I don't receive them until August.

Very pleased nonetheless
    That's exactly my issue! I've tried emailing exam boards AQA and OCR but they've been really unhelpful and don't seem to grasp the urgency. It's annoying but they must have had this issue before with previous before with students who did A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from the UK who applied to the University of amsterdam to do a masters? They have given me a conditional offer and asked for me to send in an interim graduation statement and a transcript.

After they have received these documents through mail they have told me that it is not possible for me to enroll as I don't graduate before May 1 2017. Anyone having this problem? I'm pretty sure most final year students here in the UK don't receive their graduate diploma until July during the graduation ceremonies.

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional masters offer today but they want my certificate and transcripts by the 1st of August.

What I found weird is that they didn't specify any specific degree classification or grades. The condition is just that I send the above documents - does that mean there are no grade requirements? I called them up and the guy said 'there are no minimum requirements', so I suppose they just really liked my 1st and 2nd year grades? Anyone in a similar situation? I e-mailed them to confirm and await a reply.

The course is Political Science btw.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to email the program coordinator to ask about the application status? It's mentioned that the results will be out mid may but I need to respond to other offers as well.
    What should I do?

P.S - I applied for Research Masters in Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to email the program coordinator to ask about the application status? It's mentioned that the results will be out mid may but I need to respond to other offers as well.
    What should I do?

I emailed them on 2 occasions to ask and it's okay (when for over 3 weeks after application I didn't get my UVA-net ID and once after also). If you have a deadline to answer to other universities and that's before their decision deadline you should tell them and they'll put an early notice on your application.

ReputationRep:
    What should I do?

Hi let me know if you got a reply from the program coordinator. I emailed her before good friday holiday to ask for early notification but she did not reply my email. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi let me know if you got a reply from the program coordinator. I emailed her before good friday holiday to ask for early notification but she did not reply my email. Thanks in advance.
    I did get a reply but I'm not sure if we have the same coordinator though. I applied for Social Science Research Master's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea.)
    I emailed them on 2 occasions to ask and it's okay (when for over 3 weeks after application I didn't get my UVA-net ID and once after also). If you have a deadline to answer to other universities and that's before their decision deadline you should tell them and they'll put an early notice on your application.
    Hi,

Thanks. I'll drop in a mail to the coordinator.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the Social Sciences research masters too! I got an offer for Political Science yesterday since it's less competitive. Eagerly waiting on SS though which is my first option.

Btw, they got back to me and confirmed there are no further (qualitative) conditions on my offer. That puts my mind well at ease for finals

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.