Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer for Communication Science! SO happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddardh)
    Hi,

I got a mail from studielink asking me to fill up my payment details, but I haven't gotten any mail from the university regarding my admission.
    Anybody else facing this or know what to do?
    I got a second email asking for authorization of payment details or sth similar. Did you receive 2 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giannina)
    I got a second email asking for authorization of payment details or sth similar. Did you receive 2 as well?
    This happened with my application to Maastricht too. Studielink will automatically send emails every few days until you've entered the details. This does not mean you need to submit the details right now - on the UvA website it states they simply must have them by your enrollment date. Obviously the sooner you get the details in the better, but don't fret about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! have you received an offer!!
    (Original post by noaht100140)
    Hey! I applied for Communication Science and am anxiously waiting for a reply now, has anyone experience of how hard this course actually is, is it extremely hard to get the 80% required to progress to 2nd year? Would it be impossible for me to work a weekend job even if I tried keep very organised with my work during the week?
    Thanks Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got information about accommodation yet? Masters students if that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heteronym)
    Anyone got information about accommodation yet? Masters students if that makes any difference.
    Might want to also list the course you applied for - accomodation decisions are made by individual departments and so will vary between courses.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right, thought it was university-wide. I'm doing a masters in Political Science at the Graduate School of Social Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heteronym)
    Oh, right, thought it was university-wide. I'm doing a masters in Political Science at the Graduate School of Social Sciences.
    Can I ask when you had your offer for this course please 😊? My application status still says 'application decision' and the uni said they have up until the 19th May to give a decision. Thanks 😊!

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks ago, strangely early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsd5)
    Can I ask when you had your offer for this course please 😊? My application status still says 'application decision' and the uni said they have up until the 19th May to give a decision. Thanks 😊!
    I applied to the BSc in Political Science and received an email apologising today about the late application decisions - apparently the department had a far larger number of applications than expected so I imagine this is why yours has been delayed too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsd5)
    Do you think this deadline applies to the Psychology department also? I am still waiting to hear back from the masters in Cultural Psychology program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owad)
    I applied to the BSc in Political Science and received an email apologising today about the late application decisions - apparently the department had a far larger number of applications than expected so I imagine this is why yours has been delayed too.
    Received a similar email on Tuesday but they said they were doing another week of online matching due to large amounts of applications. Problem is they have have dated it for the week of 12th of June which is in the middle of A-level exams.

ReputationRep:
    I received an email about an hour ago stating that I was not eligible to enrol in the Political Science course due to a maths deficiency. However, shortly after this email I received an offer with a link to accept it and so I have accepted the offer. Has anyone else had conflicting application decisions such as this?

ReputationRep:
    I received a 'conditional offer' for the political science masters on Tuesday (have to do a month intensive on research methods beforehand) and then yesterday I got an email saying they hadn't made a decision haha. I'm guessing the offer is valid but you're right, conflicting messages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owad)
    I received an email about an hour ago stating that I was not eligible to enrol in the Political Science course due to a maths deficiency. However, shortly after this email I received an offer with a link to accept it and so I have accepted the offer. Has anyone else had conflicting application decisions such as this?
    Had the same decision about the maths deficiency but no conflicting email. This whole application process has been a bit dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHeer)
    Had the same decision about the maths deficiency but no conflicting email. This whole application process has been a bit dodgy.
    Out of interest what final exams did you take/are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owad)
    Out of interest what final exams did you take/are you taking?
    Sociology, English literature and Geography. Was confident they were relevant subjects for politics considering I have offers from Reading and Leicester, but i guess not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHeer)
    Sociology, English literature and Geography. Was confident they were relevant subjects for politics considering I have offers from Reading and Leicester, but i guess not.
    I would have thought so too. Some of the top Politics unis in the world such as LSE don't require maths so I don't understand why Amsterdam would either, particularly if you have a good GCSE grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owad)
    I would have thought so too. Some of the top Politics unis in the world such as LSE don't require maths so I don't understand why Amsterdam would either, particularly if you have a good GCSE grade.
    yeah it's a shame but oh well. Strange they sent out an invitation for online matching before they sent out decisions as well.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone filing motivational appeal considering their negative response?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.