Turn on thread page Beta

Thinking of leaving my current Uni, want to apply to a new University for September watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi. Im in my first year at *Names Terrible Uni here* and I am not enjoying it at all. My first semester was one giant anxiety nightmare, bullying, bullying teachers even and Im just not enjoying it at all. I have applied to *Names better Uni here* over Ucas and Im just waiting to hear back from them. They were my insurance choice and now I really wish I had just made them my Firm.

    Anyway, if I drop out of Uni and just stop going (I dont even want to talk to any of the teachers as most of them intimidate me) to *Evil Uni* as soon as I hear back from *Good Uni* but Im unsure of what will happen.

    I heard I may have to repay some of the loan back? (But isnt that if I am earning £21,000?)
    And will I be able to apply again for SF for the new Uni, like still get maintenance and tuition loans?

    A girl on my course now was at another Uni last year and she just dropped out and came to teesside and she still gets everything. Just wondering is that for everybody?

    Please dont say 'Please report the bullying' because I have, my friends have... and nothing has changed
    • Thread Starter

    More information: I wont be dropping out right now, I am giving it to about March to see how it goes with the other Uni's application. Then if I get accepted I will just leave *Bad uni* then
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi YourBucky

    I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the current university. I would advise you to check the universities complaint procedures and contact them accordingly.

    If this is year 1 of your course and you have never studied before, you will be able to get full funding to start again at another university.

    If you withdraw from the current university, we will reassess your application to see what funding you were entitled to up until the day you leave. This may result in you having and over-payment which we would ask you to start paying back. The loan amount you were entitled to you would pay back once you are working and earning over the threshold.

Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.