Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: I am just looking back at some old photos and chuckling to myself .

Peddle pushers
    Slip on Skechers
    Octopus camo pants

What was I thinking !? Although some trends seems to have come back around

Chokers
    Bumbags
    Disco pants

But what is the absolute WORST !?

ReputationRep:
    Drawing on eyebrows like what the hell it is just a eyebrow.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Michael Kors bags. :erm: They're plain, verging on ugly looking - and not the status symbol some people believe them to be. Very ubiquitous and in my opinion, a pseudo designer good. They are only trendy because of the 'designer' appeal and that classifies it as a stupid trend in my eyes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Those NERD and GEEK tops. A lot of popular girls would wear them with fake glasses and yet have the cheek to mock and bully those who were actually what society would deem as a 'geek':facepalm:Not saying every girl who wore those tops acted like that but I know a fair few who did and it was very hypocritical and annoying.

Omg and those Jane Norman bags 99% of girls had during secondary school back in 2005 :laugh: I admit, I had one for about a week and then gave it to my mum

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan of boots like this

ReputationRep:
    Wearing tights as leggings or overstretched leggings with a short top - never a good look when all you can see is someone's pants and belly bulging over the top
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Crocs :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I hope Uggs as a fashion trend completely die and never return. Horrible invention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Jane Norman bags
    2005 was THE year for stupid fashion , it was funny because it was just like the plastic bag you got when you bought something but not even like a garment or an actual bag !! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Crocs :afraid:
    AMENNNN
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I hope Uggs as a fashion trend completely die and never return. Horrible invention.
    Uggs are Uggly

ReputationRep:
    I could accept ripped jeans, but not rather than being ripped, all jeans have that one single precise tear where the knees are. Like what's the ****ing point. It really gets on my nerves. Fashion designers shouldn't have this much power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I don't like Michael Kors bags. :erm: They're plain, verging on ugly looking - and not the status symbol some people believe them to be. Very ubiquitous and in my opinion, a pseudo designer good. They are only trendy because of the 'designer' appeal and that classifies it as a stupid trend in my eyes.
    Second this. Will judge anyone who wears one of these.

They have become so ubiquitous like you say. The bags aren't "luxury". Michael Kors is a great designer but these bags come from his MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS line, which is a diffusion line targetted at the masses. Other examples include MARC by Marc Jacobs and D&G by Dolce and Gabbana (both have now been scrapped I believe). Most consumers aren't aware of this.

Diffusion lines are secondary/ inferior lines which accessible and a valuable source of company revenue. People think they are buying a designer luxury good... but in reality they aren't. A bag from Michael Kor's original high fashion line will set you back a few thousand. The cheap diffusion line costs £100 or so.

ReputationRep:
    Unnatural looking highlight.
    Overly drawn on brows.
    Foundation lips.
    Fake freckles.

Cloth chokers.
    Tombstone nails (hooker nails).
    Creepers.
    Ripped jeans.

ReputationRep:
    neoliberalism

(haha, edgy)

ReputationRep:
    The unnatural and weird looking gradient eyebrows. Atleast they got both eyebrows looking the same tho..
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Those NERD and GEEK tops. A lot of popular girls would wear them with fake glasses and yet have the cheek to mock and bully those who were actually what society would deem as a 'geek':facepalm:Not saying every girl who wore those tops acted like that but I know a fair few who did and it was very hypocritical and annoying.

Omg and those Jane Norman bags 99% of girls had during secondary school back in 2005 :laugh: I admit, I had one for about a week and then gave it to my mum
    I agree.

(Original post by saraxh)
    Not really a fan of boots like this
    Love those boots. :love:

In answer to the OP;

Stupid eyebrow trend.

Wanting to look like the Kardashian disaster-and the rest of her family.

Clown contouring-yeah, you do look like a clown, congrats.

Holographic everything-I have a holographic phone case, but having everything holographic just looks ridiculous.

I'll edit when I think of more.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    makeup

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.