Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been judged for wearing Canada Goose? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Curious.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm aware of :lol:

Besides, the most important thing for me is that Canada Goose is the best at keeping you warm outside in winter. The quality is exceptional too.

I much prefer it to Moncler which seems as though it is for older people :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Not that I'm aware of :lol:

Besides, the most important thing for me is that Canada Goose is the best at keeping you warm outside in winter. The quality is exceptional too.

I much prefer it to Moncler which seems as though it is for older people :lol:

I only found one jacket I like but I just can't get it because of the animal cruelty tbh. It will make me feel really guilty if I do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I only found one jacket I like but I just can't get it because of the animal cruelty tbh. It will make me feel really guilty if I do.
    Oh.

I'll admit that I don't tend to think about that aspect I just assume that what all of these retailers do is legal and is appropriately regulated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Arent the jackets over £500?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Arent the jackets over £500?
    Yeah, the prices vary.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even know this was a thing NGL :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Didn't even know this was a thing NGL :rofl:
    As in people judging? Or people spending a **** load on a brand that's considered cool even though they're not sure why?

ReputationRep:
    As in people judging? Or people spending a **** load on a brand that's considered cool even though they're not sure why?
    As in, I don't know WTF Canada Goose is or why people get flack for wearing it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    As in, I don't know WTF Canada Goose is or why people get flack for wearing it :rofl:
    They make badass parkas.

The animal rights lot are up in arms 'cause they use goose down and coyote fur.

ReputationRep:
    This
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oose-coat.html

http://www.peta.org/blog/maggie-q-ca...never-fashion/

ReputationRep:
    Personally don't like or care for Canada Goose. Many of the students at my uni wear CG jackets. I'd prefer to spend £1k on a jacket from a different brand/ designer. All I think is "basic *****" whenever I see a peer in one. As for the fur part, not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Yeah it's one of those brands like Stussy. Started off as cali surf wear now its made it into london street wear.

Canada goose starts off as outdoor wear for the harsh canadian winter and uses real fur to line the hood, somehow breaks into UK streetwear albeit many years later. It was one of those brands that was just in. You dont often see people over 30 wearing it in the uk.

You get tons of teens wearing fakes though. Its all about the logo. So it's then just about the status rather than functionality of the jacket. They're very plain and you can get the same quality and look for much cheaper.

You spend over £500 on a jacket like this, you're a mug.

ReputationRep:
    PETA do so much ridiculous **** though that it's impossible to take them seriously about anything. They were complaining about Pokemon Go ffs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Personally don't like or care for Canada Goose. Many of the students at my uni wear CG jackets. I'd prefer to spend £1k on a jacket from a different brand/ designer. All I think is "basic *****" whenever I see a peer in one. As for the fur part, not bothered.
    Fair enough. Personally I wouldn't buy CG because of the fur.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Yeah it's one of those brands like Stussy. Started off as cali surf wear now its made it into london street wear.

Canada goose starts off as outdoor wear for the harsh canadian winter and uses real fur to line the hood, somehow breaks into UK streetwear albeit many years later. It was one of those brands that was just in. You dont often see people over 30 wearing it in the uk.

You get tons of teens wearing fakes though. Its all about the logo. So it's then just about the status rather than functionality of the jacket. They're very plain and you can get the same quality and look for much cheaper.

You spend over £500 on a jacket like this, you're a mug.
    Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, not into all that s***, I like to fork out for a good brand of footwear but the rest of my clothes are mostly some menswear shop's own brand or something similar, looks just as good as a brand that costs 5-10x as much without the tackiness of just wearing something for the label.

Idk whether u mean judged for wearing it cos of the fur trim and goose down or judged cos of the brand?

I don't own anything by the brand tbh, but I have a bear skin hat (bought from Moscow) and a fox coat (from Poland). When it's especially cold and i'm going somewhere fancy in London, like a dinner, I'll wear those. Do i get looks- of course. But no one has outright said anything critical about them, in fact i've gotten many compliments from wearing them.

When i go to Bulgaria (especially in wintertime) it's commonplace to see people wearing fur. It's both practical and stylish.

ReputationRep:
      Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, not into all that s***, I like to fork out for a good brand of footwear but the rest of my clothes are mostly some menswear shop's own brand or something similar, looks just as good as a brand that costs 5-10x as much without the tackiness of just wearing something for the label.
      What mens footwear brands do you wear/like?
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Poor geese.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
      Poor geese.
      Unsure if serious..but its fox/mink fur

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.