The Student Room Group

Are these Level 2 qualifications GCSEs?

I have two certificates separate from my GCSEs - AQA Level 1/2 Certificate in Further Maths and a BCS Level 2 ECDL Certificate in IT Application Skills (QCF).
Does anyone know if these are considered GCSEs, or just an equivalent?
I'm applying to a scholarship and I need to be specific, and always thought through the course that these were GCSEs because that's what my teachers called them. The IT one isn't actually graded typically (I got L2D*, which I guess is equivalent to an A*, and an A in my further maths - my scholarship asks for a certain number of A/A*s and I don't know if an """equivalent""" will be cool with them, yknow? and if they don't count, that's two less that will be given :/ )
Thanks for the help!
Original post by Link2016
I have two certificates separate from my GCSEs - AQA Level 1/2 Certificate in Further Maths and a BCS Level 2 ECDL Certificate in IT Application Skills (QCF).
Does anyone know if these are considered GCSEs, or just an equivalent?
I'm applying to a scholarship and I need to be specific, and always thought through the course that these were GCSEs because that's what my teachers called them. The IT one isn't actually graded typically (I got L2D*, which I guess is equivalent to an A*, and an A in my further maths - my scholarship asks for a certain number of A/A*s and I don't know if an """equivalent""" will be cool with them, yknow? and if they don't count, that's two less that will be given :/ )
Thanks for the help!

Neither are a GCSE - you should call up the scholarship providers and ask them how they'd consider these - give them links to the information about the qualification on the exam board websites (eg http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathematics/aqa-certificate/further-mathematics-8360 )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending