Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was catching the bus back home from work this evening. I went upstairs as there was no seats downstairs, I get upstairs and there was around 7 men, black men smoking weed- It absolutely stank-at this point I was the only non drug using person upstairs all of them was staring me out. I took no notice of it though because if I said something back i would be fighting 7 of them. We then arrived at the next stop when a relatively old man got on i would guess 65-70 he also walked up stairs saw them smoking weed - one of them shouted "Drugs are not the problem it is the white mans attitude towards them" the old bloke replied " Drugs are against the law but then again you lot (remember they where Blacks) do not follow laws" The old bloke then went back downstairs to stand.

I personally find it disgraceful some users of the bus service feel the need to smoke their drugs on public transport so everyone has to smell the awful lingering odour which it leaves behind- absolutely awful, I actually found myself agreeing with the old man, I have seen these people on the bus smoking there weed numerous times and I am fed up of finishing work walking upstairs for a seat to smell drugs of people who are using the state to pay for there benefits. What is needed is security guard upstairs on the bus to throw them off the bus if they are smoking drugs then they will be kicked off and people do not have to inhale the *****y smell of weed.

ReputationRep:
    A drug affects the purity of the subject: it damages the corporeal form; it inhibits the reasoning faculties; it causes emotional imbalance; and it creates a restrictive, anti-social, and contaminated environment for the collective.

If humans weren't so pathetic all recreational drugs would have been banned long ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheРeoplesPath)
    A drug affects the purity of the subject: it damages the corporeal form; it inhibits the reasoning faculties; it causes emotional imbalance; and it creates a restrictive, anti-social, and contaminated environment for the collective.

If humans weren't so pathetic all recreational drugs would have been banned long ago.
    It's not just that the punishment is not enough. I think £250,000 fines and a 3 year jail sentance- or deportation if they was foreign born- I get that they would never be able to pay the fine but its a deterrent. I am fed up of smelling it on the busses

ReputationRep:
    Nar, magic mushrooms improve personality.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...y-2363324.html

ReputationRep:

Jeeze reading that was worse than the OP.

ReputationRep:
    Black guy is right.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Oooooh look I can use big words to hide the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Lets break your statement down bit by bit

A drug affects the purity of the subject
    Purity is a purely subjective state. One man's pure is another's damaged goods. You shouldn't be deciding what others can/can't do based on subjective interpretations like that.

it damages the corporeal form
    The Corporeal form is damaged all the time, whether by cells dieing or by falling over and scraping your knee. It's not a big deal... Plus it's someone's choice whether they want to damage their own form.
    it inhibits the reasoning faculties
    Well, depends on the drug for a start, but also so what? Is it really that bad to want to have dumed down inhibitions for a while and indulge in some escapism?

it causes emotional imbalance
    Emotional imbalance? Implying there is some ideal congruence of emotions? Emotions are by nature erratic, and constantly changing. It is rare to see someone in such a state of self transcendence that they are so perfectly balanced. Funnily enough, the easiest way to get to that state is through drugs like MDMA (read about it in Sam Harris' book "Waking Up")

and it creates a restrictive, anti-social, and contaminated environment for the collective
    Firstly, the collective? As if society and all non-drug users are a single homogenous monolith that thinks alike, and all have the same reaction to a situation? No. Drugs are not necessarily antisocial, if anything weed can make people more sociable - especially in the situation described where it's being smoked in a group. Isn't that by definition sociable?
    I fail to see how it is restrictive in any way, and contaminated is a silly term to use in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    Oooooh look I can use big words to hide the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    I am likely much more educated than you.

Plus it's someone's choice whether they want to damage their own form.
    That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Your existence impedes the progress of the species. What a glorious legacy. You must be very proud.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePeoplesРath)
    I am likely much more educated than you.

That might be the stupidest thing I've ever head.

Your existence impedes the progress of the species. What a glorious legacy. You must be very proud.
    Well buddy you're not showing it, now kindly pull your head from your rectum so you can hear what I have to say.

Your existence is your existence, not the species existence. We are not a collective, we are not bound together as a monolith, as I've said.
    That being said, the best way for humanity to progress is creative experimentation, often pushed forward by deviance and mischief. The great developments in culture and many of the ones in science have come about this way. By stopping people from experimenting and exploring in this way you set a precedent that implies they can't do it anywhere. People stop being creative. Culture dies, and everything else suffers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirDaz)
    I was catching the bus back home from work this evening. I went upstairs as there was no seats downstairs, I get upstairs and there was around 7 men, black men smoking weed- It absolutely stank-at this point I was the only non drug using person upstairs all of them was staring me out. I took no notice of it though because if I said something back i would be fighting 7 of them. We then arrived at the next stop when a relatively old man got on i would guess 65-70 he also walked up stairs saw them smoking weed - one of them shouted "Drugs are not the problem it is the white mans attitude towards them" the old bloke replied " Drugs are against the law but then again you lot (remember they where Blacks) do not follow laws" The old bloke then went back downstairs to stand.

I personally find it disgraceful some users of the bus service feel the need to smoke their drugs on public transport so everyone has to smell the awful lingering odour which it leaves behind- absolutely awful, I actually found myself agreeing with the old man, I have seen these people on the bus smoking there weed numerous times and I am fed up of finishing work walking upstairs for a seat to smell drugs of people who are using the state to pay for there benefits. What is needed is security guard upstairs on the bus to throw them off the bus if they are smoking drugs then they will be kicked off and people do not have to inhale the *****y smell of weed.
    I mean I don't think it's very relevant bringing race into it I think it's fairly obvious that there is a seriously large number of white people that take drugs too, I would say it's probably proportional to the number of black people.

I think smoking weed in a public place, especially on enclosed public transport, is pretty disrespectful and the bus driver should have kicked them off. Weed smells disgusting and the smoke is an irritant. If you wanna do it, smoke it at home... or at least in a park or something.

ReputationRep:
    Well buddy you're not showing it, now kindly pull your head from your rectum so you can hear what I have to say.

Your existence is your existence, not the species existence. We are not a collective, we are not bound together as a monolith, as I've said.
    That being said, the best way for humanity to progress is creative experimentation, often pushed forward by deviance and mischief. The great developments in culture and many of the ones in science have come about this way. By stopping people from experimenting and exploring in this way you set a precedent that implies they can't do it anywhere. People stop being creative. Culture dies, and everything else suffers.
    Firstly, individualism is parasitism which will destroy the species. Secondly I am not against drugs for scientific research and creative output under strictly controlled condiitons but most people use drugs for escapism from a vacuous existence. They have no concept of healthy body and healthy mind.

Finally it is actually an educated position from looking at drug statistics on health, anti-social behaviour and crime to prefer that people who think the walls are melting are not walking among us in a highly mechanized society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirDaz)
    It's not just that the punishment is not enough. I think £250,000 fines and a 3 year jail sentance- or deportation if they was foreign born- I get that they would never be able to pay the fine but its a deterrent. I am fed up of smelling it on the busses
    Should we also charge people with poor personal hygiene £250,000 for getting on a bus?

I'm all for there being punishments for smoking on a bus... but lets keep them appropriate...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.