Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am applying for work experience at a publishing company... and below are the questions on the application (they note that they won't base their decision on my answers) and I just need some pointers considering that it's only a 1-2 week placement, and they don't require anything at all from you (apart from being 18 years old), I pretty much have a basic idea of what they might be looking for... but I'm not sure how specific I'm meant to be...:

Why would you like to complete work experience ? And why have you selected those three departments? (1/4) (100-200 words)

What would you like to get out of the experience (2/4)? (100 words)
    What is your favourite story? Why should we experience it too?
    Thanks guys....

ReputationRep:
    I'd be aiming for 150 words for the first one and as close to 100 as possible for the second.

Why do you want to do it?
    Just explain why you're interested, what you'd get out of it and how it could help you in the future

What would you like to get out of it?
    Contacts? A knowledge of the industry? This is just them asking how you'd make the most of the internship and the things you'd most like to learn. For example if you're interested in cover design you might say you're interested in how they sum up an entire story for the cover.

What is your favourite story?
    Talk about your favourite book and why, explain why you love it and why you'd reccommned it to others

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.