Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best pet to have? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    what breed?
    Husky, Alsatian, Beagle, Spaniel, Shibe are all cool, I like medium sized dogs, sausage dogs are an interesting novelty.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by alanaro)
    In terms of being interesting to interact with, maintenance costs, and just general fluffiness.
    Interesting question. Lot of cat love n these forums. If i had a choice it would be cats. 2-3.

I think you bond more deeply with dogs but they are way higher maintenance.

ReputationRep:

(from Google)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    a human
    on a similar note... A boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Husky, Alsatian, Beagle, Spaniel, Shibe are all cool, I like medium sized dogs, sausage dogs are an interesting novelty.
    1/5 - Apply yourself

Husky, Malamute, Tibetan Mastifs and Havanese are the only cool dogs.
    The problem other then dogs being begs, is that they stink. I've never been to a dog owner's house that didn't stink.

ReputationRep:
    1/5 - Apply yourself

Husky, Malamute, Tibetan Mastifs and Havanese are the only cool dogs.
    The problem other then dogs being begs, is that they stink. I've never been to a dog owner's house that didn't stink.
    >Havanese

I suppose it matches your handbag

ReputationRep:
    >Havanese

I suppose it matches your handbag
    I have a soft spot for those, because my mate's Havanese was a pretty cool dog.

>Also, meme arrowing, while defending the Chad Thundercock of pets

ReputationRep:
    I have a soft spot for those, because my mate's Havanese was a pretty cool dog.

>Also, meme arrowing, while defending the Chad Thundercock of pets
    >calling it meme arrows

back 2 plebbit 4 u

Spoiler:
    Show

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Cats are also cheap to keep. I have 4 and I spent about £10/15 a week on food for them - if you only have one cat then it'll be a lot less but £15 isn't too steep either. Cat litter is very cheap too and a big bag lasts for weeks. To save more money on the litter front, you can always train your cat to use the human toilet with a special toilet seat called The Litter Kwitter. Two of my cats are now human toilet trained :teehee:
    Omg, I can imagine me telling my daddy about this. I think he would cry at the thought of our two cats human toilet trained :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    bunny
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A dog, they're loyal, loving, you can play with them and they actually appreciate you.
    r8 my doggo

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say cat but since everyone has said it i'm going to go with a bird.

You can train them to sit on you and teach them tricks, fairly cheap and their food doesn't cost much plus you can give them fresh fruit and veggies. Plus they're so cute with they're small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I was going to say cat but since everyone has said it i'm going to go with a bird.

You can train them to sit on you and teach them tricks, fairly cheap and their food doesn't cost much plus you can give them fresh fruit and veggies. Plus they're so cute with they're small
    After reading your username, I expected you to say "turtles"

Dogs for me!

ReputationRep:
    Hamsters duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    r8 my doggo

put it this way, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for licking his balls in front of me :sexface:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRandomGuy)
    After reading your username, I expected you to say "turtles"

Dogs for me!
    they grow too quickly, so you have to buy a big tank to give them space, plus you have to clean the algae off them every so often
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    put it this way, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for licking his balls in front of me :sexface:
    what if he licks yours

:tong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabby888)
    Cats are the best hands down. They catch and eat any spiders, flies, mice, anything else creepy and crawly that you wouldn't want around.
    Um. My dog does all that and more..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    they grow too quickly, so you have to buy a big tank to give them space, plus you have to clean the algae off them every so often
    I'll take your word for it. They aren't exactly playful or good company either.

ReputationRep:
    Cats if you're looking for fluffy and companionship.

My favourite non-fluffy pet is a fish. I've around forty currently between guppies, mollies, bettas, tetras, and catfish. My favourites are male Betta splendens. I keep five in my bedroom and they are gorgeous and have so much personality. 🐠

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.