Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielafshar)
    I have not been contacted for a telephone interview. ( is this normal ?)

However, I have been sent an email for the survey.

Is there anything else i should know other than the fact that i have to submit which area I would like to complete the program in ?
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    I only just got my location preferences email today, whats the difference between the Three canary wharf options? Also what other place are good for finance experience ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moriayo)
    I only just got my location preferences email today, whats the difference between the Three canary wharf options? Also what other place are good for finance experience ?
    Use a tool called google mate😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielafshar)
    I have not been contacted for a telephone interview. ( is this normal ?)

However, I have been sent an email for the survey.

Is there anything else i should know other than the fact that i have to submit which area I would like to complete the program in ?
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have also received the email today about passing the online assessment and got a link to a 'survey' asking me about my preferred location. They specified to choose the one you can reasonably commute to, so naturally I chose the one closest to me. Since the one closest to me is a simple high street branch type HSBC, does this mean that their promise of commercial banking is now void? (As this branch is a simple retail branch). I have also not yet completed the telephone interview and not yet been contacted for one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily
    I believe I did not compete such online tests. I think I just did one where they ask about you like how you would best describe yourself out of like 2 options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vl7d)
    I believe I did not compete such online tests. I think I just did one where they ask about you like how you would best describe yourself out of like 2 options.
    Yea thats what i did haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vl7d)
    Is this not the online test? I remember I did something similar...could be wrong though...

ReputationRep:
    Yea thats what i did haha
    Check PM please

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for everyone's replies! I received an email today asking for me to choose my preferences regarding locations.

I haven't been asked to do a telephone interview yet though

I applied to the North region

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vl7d)
    Hi all,
    I have also received the email today about passing the online assessment and got a link to a 'survey' asking me about my preferred location. They specified to choose the one you can reasonably commute to, so naturally I chose the one closest to me. Since the one closest to me is a simple high street branch type HSBC, does this mean that their promise of commercial banking is now void? (As this branch is a simple retail branch). I have also not yet completed the telephone interview and not yet been contacted for one.
    I'm in the same position currently and received the same email today.

ReputationRep:
    Did this last year and honestly it's not the best work experience. It's probably the worst out of any banking work experience you'll do! I didn't even get to do half the things and just stood near a photocopier and photocopied literally the whole day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Did this last year and honestly it's not the best work experience. It's probably the worst out of any banking work experience you'll do! I didn't even get to do half the things and just stood near a photocopier and photocopied literally the whole day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then again it does depend on where you're doing it.

I believe the one in Canary Wharf is really fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But then again it does depend on where you're doing it.

I believe the one in Canary Wharf is really fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which work experiences would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Have applications closed

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better than my Barclays work experience. Just sat there behind the counters doing nothing but getting random sympathetic smiles from the customers who could tell how bored I was.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What branch did you do it at?

ReputationRep:
    Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily
    What was the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Nie)
    What was the question?
    when you've helped someone and when you've made a tough decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieSusee)
    Better than my Barclays work experience. Just sat there behind the counters doing nothing but getting random sympathetic smiles from the customers who could tell how bored I was.
    nah barclays is uesless my work experience coordinator didn't let me do it. its meant for people with basically no skills to get some kind of thing on their CV so good for year 10/11 i suppose

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.