Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopCat12)
    Sorted, they're happy now.
    What areas are you guys doing it in?
    Awesome! I've got mine in Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Hey it's been pretty quiet here lately. Whats the latest with everyone's placements?

I haven't been given any further details since confirmation of the placement. What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryGCSE)
    Hey it's been pretty quiet here lately. Whats the latest with everyone's placements?

I haven't been given any further details since confirmation of the placement. What about you guys?
    they rejected me initially (after saying i passed telephone interview), but got a call last month to ask if im interested and i said no :P

ReputationRep:
    They've not sent me a timetable or any details yet, which is worrying as its only about 3 and a bit weeks away for me. All theyve sent is the address and timings, but not who to report to, who I will be with etc

ReputationRep:
    They've not sent me a timetable or any details yet, which is worrying as its only about 3 and a bit weeks away for me. All theyve sent is the address and timings, but not who to report to, who I will be with etc
    Same. I received the email saying they're getting in touch with line managers and I should hear back next month (May). But I didn't hear anything. My work experience starts 3rd July and that's just a month away

ReputationRep:
    Same. I received the email saying they're getting in touch with line managers and I should hear back next month (May). But I didn't hear anything. My work experience starts 3rd July and that's just a month away
    I tried calling yesterday, but nobody picked up. I will call them today and see what they say. Hopefully, they haven't forgotten

ReputationRep:
    Can i know whether Statistics is needed for A level if i am working in the banking sector?
    (Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabodha Marambe)
    Can i know whether Statistics is needed for A level if i am working in the banking sector?
    Your degree is the only academic thing that banks really look at. Thye don't really care about A-Levels. Just get into a target uni.

ReputationRep:
    I tried calling yesterday, but nobody picked up. I will call them today and see what they say. Hopefully, they haven't forgotten
    I emailed them and they said they are still confirming my line manager

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them and they said they are still confirming my line manager
    They will get back to you eventually, don't worry! Mine starts tomorrow at Manchester, wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    They will get back to you eventually, don't worry! Mine starts tomorrow at Manchester, wish me luck!
    I emailed them again today and they finally told me everything I need to know. I'm not too sure what to wear though.

Let me know how your placement goes!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them again today and they finally told me everything I need to know. I'm not too sure what to wear though.

For mine I just wore suit trousers and a buttoned shirt but no tie, just finished mine last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliowens)
    For mine I just wore suit trousers and a buttoned shirt but no tie, just finished mine last week
    was it any good? what did you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    was it any good? what did you do
    It was extremely disappointing to be honest, my location got moved last minute due to short staffing. Originally I was going to be in their biggest regional branch however I was moved to one of the smallest so I was only able to do wealth management.

ReputationRep:

Hey! Sorry, its been a while since I completed it, but I have to say that it was really good. I was placed in commercial banking/private equity, but I ended up seeing all parts from large corporate to private equity to real estate. I even ended up getting to speak to a trader working in Canary Wharf for about an hour. I've made loads of LinkedIn contacts, and hopefully, they will be useful. I am not sure if you've already done yours, but if not the advice I would give is to really make sure you open your mouth and develop a rapport with your line manager. I was quiet the first day so I didn't do much, but the second day I talked a lot more and ended up doing loads. Ask loads of questions, and be enthusiastic about the whole thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.